Job description / Role
• Resolves network-related problems on a daily basis.
• Configures, tests, and maintains LAN/WAN equipment and related services
• Design, install and configure the entire Wireless and Wired Network Infrastructure of the university campus.
• Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems.
• Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks.
• Maintain and support University's LAN/WAN environment
• Analyzes complex data, voice or video network documentation and communicates to senior management regarding the current operational status of networks.
• Determines methods and procedures to be implemented and used on the most complex new technologies to enhance performance.
• In support of change management within the data center, provides high quality network documentation to the Help Desk (Logical and Physical layouts) of all UAE University sites.
• Participates to execution of networking projects: (Site visits, Preparing Request for Proposal, RFQ, technical evaluation, installation, implementation and commissioning).
• Installs and configures wireless networks across various campuses of the university
• Upgrades networks and provides high level of support at all times.
• Ensures LAN / WAN continuing functionality by using network monitoring and management tools.
• Troubleshooting and problem solving of structured cabling systems.
• Research Network monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting.
• Responsible for ongoing support and maintenance of wired and wireless networks in all housing units (Hostels) for the students of the university.
• Campus wide Wireless Infrastructure monitoring, support and tuning assistance.
• Maintains up to date network documentation
• Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor degree required in Computer Engineering/Science
• At least 1 qualification/certification such as CCNA or JNCIA with one major manufacturer like Cisco, Juniper.
• 2-3 years of experience in a networking position.
• Knowledge of Network configuration (Routing Protocols, VLAN, LAN/WAN protocols; Wireless networks)
• Knowledge of Switching and routing fundamentals.
• Basic Knowledge of Passive structured cabling systems.
• Strong inter-personal skills.
• Good Communication & Report Writing Skills.
• Must be able to work under pressure in a fast paced work environment.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required, should be available 24/7 on call in case of major services outage.
• Knowledge of IT service management principles would be beneficiary.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.