Job description / Role
Parsons provides consultancy services for one of the prestigious airport projects in the UAE. The project is currently midway through the ORAT development stage, and the client is keen to get input from the best and most experienced operators to ensure the opening process and positive reputation matches the prestige of the new terminal.
The Network & Infrastructure Specialist is preferred to be a certified candidate from manufacturers such as IBM & CISCO, a data centre technologies manufacture such as HP, EMC, DDN and VM Ware. The candidate should be able to understand testing and commissioning procedures as part of ORAT trails in the network and data centre technologies related to the client and security systems. The candidate shall be able to plan the expansion for the system and upgrade the storage, can work and validate the management system in different technology and can integrate all in one management platform.
The Network & Infrastructure Specialist shall be responsible for leading and supervising data centre, network and ICT cabling team. The individual will also be responsible for the development and continuous appraisal of all systems and procedures under his/her scope:
• To supervise the installation, configuration, monitoring and support of the information and communications network and data centre infrastructure.
• To ensure the connectivity of all staff and clients; both internally and externally.
• Define the performance test cases to test the network and Data Center technologies as part of the ORAT scope of work.
• Conduct tests and internal checks to confirm the system is ready for go live.
• Define the required migration plan, steps, procedure, constraints, risks, business continuity plan for failover and all the necessary details for the southside data centre migration to the MTB data centre.
• Develop failover scenarios to overcome any issue may raise during the switchover from southside terminals to MTB terminal.
• Workaround IT Operations data centre team ready plan concerning the concept of operations, processes and any other documentation required for IT operations prepared for taking over.
• Evaluate the current project's deliverables against the original scope of work to assist the IT operations in handing over procedure.
• 4-years degree in Computer Science or related curriculum (or equivalent) and 10 years of relevant work experience.
• The individual holding this position should have experience in design, development, integration and implementation of network and data centre.
• The candidate should be able to develop a service provider architect that enables a common platform and a consistent network environment.
• Experience in providing consulting on emerging technology, vendor products and industry standards.
• Supervision the deployment of distributive network and data centre solutions to ensure system functionality, interoperability, availability, timely use and business continuity.
• Produce comprehensive solution documents. Provide 3rd line support for the network operations team.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment and are not limited to those listed.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
IT Support Engineer / System Administration
IT Infrastructure Lead
IT Support Engineer
HR Source Consulting
Senior Network Engineer - Wireless - ISP - Cisco - Surveys
IT System Administrator
Manpower Middle East