Job description / Role
Summary: KNZ is seeking experienced Network Security Consulting Engineers to support the Managed Palo Alto (PA) security for KNZ clients. The ideal candidate will have experience with network operation center (NOC) or security operation center (SOC). This person must possess strong problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills; demonstrated the capability to work independent, self-starting, & self-motivated while working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; display the ability to stay calm, positive, and drama-free in fast-paced challenging situations.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned
• Develop operational configuration
• Develop runbooks
• Develop processes and procedures based on best practices for threat prevention
• Perform remote troubleshooting through proven diagnostic techniques
• Analyze and resolve network performance, connectivity and related issues
• Manage and perform equipment builds, deploy software patches & upgrades
• Create and maintain accurate documentation for internal knowledge base
• Root Cause Analysis and Problem Resolution
• Actively works to identify and solve repeat issues, improving on existing services or processes where necessary
• Demonstrates complete proficiency in problem management
• Provide exceptional customer service:
• Provide client direction, knowledge and efforts to prevent client technical issues
• Maintain client relationships with the company through multiple forms of electronic interactions
• Present solutions to technology issues and problems in user-friendly language
• Provide clear communication with customers to ensure resolution of all open issues
• Palo Alto/Panorama Admin experience
• Experience with PA Threat Prevention configuration/O&M (especially IPS functionality)
• Experience/Knowledge of PA Wildfire architecture/configuration is essential for this role
• Palo Alto Networks XML API integration experience is a plus
• Cisco ISE and FirePower is a plus
• Ability to document processes/playbooks/runbooks/configurations
• Knowledgeable of ITIL processes
• 5+ years of network engineering /implementation / support / troubleshooting experience
• 3+ years of experience in Palo Alto/Cisco /Firewall designs and implementation in medium to large environments
• Experience demonstrating analytical and problem-solving skills
• CCNP certified
• PCNSE certified
• CCIE is a plus
• B.S. in Telecommunications Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
About the Company
KNZ is a global IT consulting company. KNZ strength is built on the knowledge, extensive hands on experience, capabilities and competency level of its team. In addition, to its project delivery approach and project management discipline, our consultants are leading business and technical advisors, each possessing particular knowledge and experience, which adds value to the work provided to our clients.
Our client-focused strategy works through both the planning and execution phases with our clients’ core business objectives. KNZ specializes in solving complex IT challenges using our industry research, service-offering expertise and technology potential, we identify trends and develop solutions to help our clients.
We work closely with our clients to identify, then quantify the organizational high-level goals, and create a road map on how to get there. We cover all functional levels from long-term strategic planning to day-to-day operations.