Job description / Role
Our client, a well-known international ICT company, is currently looking for a Network Security Officer which will be based in UAE. In this role, you will be you will be reporting to the Senior Manager of Security and Governance. You will responsible mostly in operation, creating and managing tools that are useful to your internal stakeholders, creates logs, dashboards and alerts. Additionally, you will be involved in monitoring network usage to ensure compliance with security policies, keeping abreast of developments in IT security standards & threats, performing penetration tests to identify flaws and collaborating with management & the IT department to improve security.
Other responsibilities will include but not limited to:
· Identifying vulnerabilities in our current network.
· Developing and implementing a comprehensive plan to secure our computing network.
· Monitoring network usage to ensure compliance with security policies.
· Keeping abreast of developments in IT security standards and threats.
· Performing penetration tests to find any flaws.
· Collaborating with management and the IT department to improve security.
· Documenting any security breaches and assessing their damage.
· Educating colleagues about security software and best practices for information security
· Stimulating the team and contributing to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of the Department’s system, processes and practices while considering international best practice, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following requirements,
· Degree in Computer Science or a Technology related field
· Professional Information Security Certification
· At least 5 years of experience in the same role
· Extensive knowledge of various information security frameworks - Splunk and Logarithm
· Knowledge in Windows or Linux or both; having an exposure in AX and Solaris would be a plus including McAfee
· Knowledge in horizontal security including network, system, cloud system and others and have good experience in IT security for compliance and governance
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Beaconhouse School System
|Al Ain||19 Mar|
Lindner Middle East
IT Support Engineer - Urgent - Tax Free Salary