Job description / Role
Neurologist - Al Ain - Must have HAAD
A well-established, leading Hospital in Al Ain is looking for a Neurologist to join their highly professional team on a full-time basis. The candidate must be a male with Arabic nationality and must have HAAD license or eligibility.
- Participate in continuing education activities to maintain and expand competence.
- Supervise medical technicians in the performance of neurological diagnostic or therapeutic activities.
- Counsel patients or others on the background of neurological disorders including risk factors, or genetic or environmental concerns.
- Interpret the results of neuroimaging studies such as Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT), and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scans.
- Refer patients to other healthcare practitioners as necessary.
- Advise other physicians on the treatment of neurological problems.
- Prescribe or administer medications, such as anti-epileptic drugs, and monitor patients for behavioral and cognitive side effects.
- Prescribe or administer treatments such as transcranial magnetic stimulation, vagus nerve stimulation, and deep brain stimulation.
- Prepare, maintain, or review records that include patients' histories, neurological examination findings, treatment plans, or outcomes.
- Order or interpret results of laboratory analyses of patients' blood or cerebrospinal fluid.
- Determine brain death using accepted tests and procedures.
- Communicate with other healthcare professionals regarding patients' conditions and care.
- Perform specialized treatments in areas such as sleep disorders, neuroimmunology, neuro-oncology, behavioral neurology, and neurogenetics.
- Order supportive care services such as physical therapy, specialized nursing care, and social services.
- Interview patients to obtain information such as complaints, symptoms, medical histories, and family histories.
- Inform patients or families of neurological diagnoses and prognoses, or benefits, risks, and costs of various treatment plans.
- Diagnose neurological conditions based on interpretation of examination findings, histories, or test results.
- Develop treatment plans based on diagnoses and on the evaluation of factors such as age and general health, or procedural risks and costs.
- Coordinate neurological services with other health care team activities.
- Perform or interpret the outcomes of procedures or diagnostic tests such as lumbar punctures, electroencephalography, electromyography, and nerve conduction velocity tests.
- Identify and treat major neurological system diseases and disorders such as central nervous system infection, craniospinal trauma, dementia, and stroke.
- Examine patients to obtain information about the functional status of areas such as vision, physical strength, coordination, reflexes, sensations, language skills, cognitive abilities, and mental status.
- Paid visa fees
- Free health insurance
- Competitive salary
- Must be male Arab national
- Must have a valid HAAD or DHA license or eligibility
The ideal candidate is a people person, a team player, who is outgoing, energetic and positive with a willingness to learn and expand one's horizons.
About the Company
We are NOT just a recruitment agency. We are a PEOPLE'S Company. A team of dedicated professionals who believe in the well-being of the individual.
Cassia is a boutique healthcare recruitment company, offering high-value human resources to the growing demand of the Middle East medical industry. Our unique value proposition is based on placing highly qualified, experienced and well-prepared candidates from Western Nations into the rapidly expanding Middle Eastern healthcare market.