Job description / Role
A trading arm of an oil and gas multinational company with investments in the upstream and downstream sector is looking to hire a corporate / commercial NQ solicitor (UK or foreign qualified). This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious NQ solicitor to gain high levels of exposure in a large organisation.
* As part of the Legal team, you will based at the company's Dubai offices and will be reporting to the Legal Adviser and will provide excellent and proactive legal and risk management support to the company and be responsible for managing all day to day legal-related matters including the drafting, reviewing and negotiating of crude oil and petroleum product purchase and supply contracts, charter party agreements, NDAs, consultancy agreements, leases, finance agreements etc.
* These are important revenue generating contracts that require keen attention to detail and effective communication with each unit of the company.
* Additionally, you will manage and mitigate against any legal disputes and minimize contractual risks to the company.
* The ideal candidate will be well presented, ambitious and have excellent writing, analytical and presentation skills.
* You would be a great team player and be able to relate well with the other teams in other geographical time zones (UK and Nigeria) to ensure the Legal department delivers promptly on its contracts, reports and risk management of the business.
* The candidate should also be willing to work with London and Lagos working hours / time zones.
The successful candidate is
* NQ as a solicitor from a UK or a common law jurisdiction with exposure to or experience working with UK laws or;
* Completed the LPC or training contract with a mid/top-tier law firm
* Drafting and reviewing of commercial contracts using standard internal templates, NDAs and Sales and Purchase Agreements, Charter party agreements, Joint Venture Agreements etc
* Monitoring of contract performance and compliance in accordance with set KPIs, contract management planning, obligation tracking, risk management planning and compliance with organisational policies and procedures.
* Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with internal stakeholders including the effective management of contract enquiries, issues, disputes, variations, risks and undertaking negotiations as required,
* Maintaining a high level of quality communication with each department throughout the negotiating and drafting process ensuring all necessary approvals are received and contract standards are maintained.
* Researching and analysing contractual issues and providing power point presentations and reports regarding current legal issues, contract execution and performance.
* Anticipate and mitigate potential legal problems within the Company and develop strategies to reduce potential areas of risk.
* Manage record keeping for all contract-related documents and correspondence including filing and tracking contractual obligations.
* Drive the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
* Other responsibilities as assigned
Essential Knowledge and Skills
* Commercial/Contract NQ experience gained - 2/3 years
* Keen attention to detail
* Excellent articulation and communication skills
* Team player
* Ability to prioritize
* Good research and presentation skills
* Experience of negotiating contracts and strong negotiation skills
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
* Experience working in a global energy company, shipping or trading house
* UK Qualifications - LLB, LPC
* Ability to co-ordinate cross functional teams to achieve an agreed outcome
* Only UK Qualified Lawyer
* Sound knowledge of UK and UAE Laws
* Preferably experience in Shipping or Energy sector.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.