Job description / Role
- Industry: Healthcare - Allied Location: RAK
- NGS Molecular Biology Technologist required for a very reputed Lab in RAK.
Key Responsibilities for NGS Molecular Biology Technologist
- Strong theoretical and practical background concept of molecular biology
- Extraction and purification of DNA/RNA manual and automated from clinical specimens - Blood, Saliva, Forensic samples etc.
- Ability to prepare DNA libraries for high-throughput sequencing and use sequencing platforms for basic genomic analysis
- Able to Independently run MiSeq Next Generation Sequencer, analyze data and troubleshoot NGS sequencers (MiSeq)
- Candidate will be expected to have both equipment and bioinformatics training for basic NGS data analysis softwares
- Evaluate raw NGS data to determine sample interference, inhibition, or other pre analytical problems related to data quality or Q-scores
- Nucleic acid extractions, quantitative RT-PCR, and preparation of NGS libraries for next-generation sequencing (RNA-seq/single cell sequencing/WGS/Exome capture/PGS etc.)
- The candidate is expected to demonstrate interest, enthusiasm, and willingness to work on different challenges and opportunities related to molecular department
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform day-to-day work on next-generation sequencing equipment (e.g., Illumina MiSeq).
- Assist with preparation and updating of laboratory SOPs and laboratory JCI/ISO/CAP accreditation
- Perform basic lab maintenance tasks such as ordering laboratory reagents, oligonucleotides, and other lab supplies, and keeping detailed lab records with help from NGS lab head
- Understand concept of molecular biology and DNA sequencing, RNA contamination, post sequencing data analysis for 16s RNA or Microbiome analysis
- Aware of biosafety precautions, PPE gowning and protective equipment for COVID COVID-19 genome sequencing.
- Ensures quality control for NGS laboratory by following all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in order to produce timely and accurate data for patients, run NGS QC to generate good quality data.
- Able to demonstrate research attitude and undertake basic research experiments as indicated by the NGS lab head in the area of viral genomics and transcriptomics towards scientific publications.
- Organize and run laboratory housekeeping operations and routine common tasks required for the smooth functioning of the laboratory
- Aware of Quality Management System (QMS) in all phases of the pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical laboratory processes
Knowledge, skills and experience
- MSc. or higher degree in Molecular Biology
- MOH/DHA practice license as advantage
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience as a NGS lab personnel
- Fluent in English communication, a second language an advantage
- Advantage: MSc./Ph.D in genomics, NGS wet Lab Experience with hands-on working in NGS MiSeq illumina platform at DNA sequencing laboratory with basic Forensic and Bioinformatic software skills
About the Company
At Prime source, our client relationships are built on bonds of mutual respect, loyalty and discretion. We understand the trust placed in us with each contract and we honor that commitment with an absolute commitment of our own: to do everything we can to deserve the trust placed in us and to do nothing that would compromise it.
Lab Technician - Molecular Biology
Senior Laboratory Technician
|Abu Dhabi||9 Mar|
Medical Laboratory Technician
|Abu Dhabi||9 Mar|
Cytogenetic Lab Technologist
Research Assistant - Grant (Human Genetics)
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||14 Feb|