Job description / Role
The Night Manager maintains overnight service and security of guests and property.
The incumbent ensures that all guests who visit the hotel receive a level of service and hospitality that exceeds their expectations by giving an added value experience through attention to detail and continuous customer focus
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Provides management cover and operational assistance during the night in the absence of Department Managers in order to ensure seamless delivery of quality service to the standard experienced during the day.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the hotel, He/She must make decisions on all matters involving guest contact with hotel employees.
- Enures that the Team Members are compliant to the Hotel policies and procedures including the promotion and anticipation in Health and Safety and GSI initiatives through the Line of Sight Objectives and daily job task checklists ensure that the department is set for success in order to obtain our departmental objectives.
- Uses discretion and tact when dealing with guest enquiries, problems or complaints in an efficient and professional manner without detriment to the hotel and/or its reputation. To ensure that all guest complaints are dealt with immediately and initiate any follow up.
- Oversees the development of the team and ensure that all things positive and negative will be handled in a discussion/conversational manner as laid down by the company policies.
- The Night Manager is responsible for the actioning of Crisis Procedures overnight in accordance with the Fire Evacuation Plan.
- Ensures that team are fully trained in emergency procedures and to assist in carrying out any practice drills.
- Assists in carrying out the Night Audit function including the provision of systems expertise as laid down by company requirements, supervision of Front Desk colleagues, assisting in check in and checkouts, reviewing of room revenue and preparation for the next days business including pre-arrival preparation for Accor Live Limitless guests and all other VIP arrivals and assist in the servicing of In-Room Dining requests overnight.
- Liaises with all other departments in the resort in order to assist in facilitating complete Guest Service
Your experience and skills include:
- Guest focused personality is essential
- Prior experience working in a similar role is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Fluency in English; additional languages are a plus
Your team and working environment:
The iconic Queen Elizabeth (QE2) Dubai's first and only floating hotel is a 497 room hotel and one-of-a-kind entertainment destination, rich in History where the past is relived in the luxury of today.
Guest experience is a true British Heritage and history with a visit to one of the world's most celebrated ocean liners, now permanently docked in the new marina at Dubai's Port Rashid in the UAE.
The property is in close proximity to some of Dubai's attractions including the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) and the Dubai World Trade Centre. The Queen Elizabeth 2 shares a neighborhood with some of Dubai's other cultural gems including the Gold Souk, Dubai Creek and the Etihad Museum. The nearest airport is Dubai International Airport, 8 km from the accommodation.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.