Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
Raffles the Palm
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To coordinate and oversee all hotel operations in the absence of the General Manager or designate during nights. To ensure the safety and security of guests and ensure the accurate and timely completion of the night audit function during the hours of 11pm - 8am.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct inspections of front of house and back of house during shift, including Front Office, Housekeeping, Lobby, Food and Beverage Outlets, Public Areas, Car Parking
- Meet and greet guests; efficient handling of check-in and check-out
- Conduct credit card checks; post room charges
- Ensure effective shift hand-over
- Working knowledge of Front Office systems, back-up and system recovery procedures
- Review and monitor early morning wake up call procedures
- Maintain correct guest registration cards
- Communicate guest complaints and problems, resolved or unresolved, to your Supervisor at shift change-over and document in log book
- Complete knowledge of all room types, hotel matrix, and facilities
- Review guest arrival lists and anticipate needs
- Operate communication equipment; manage incoming and outgoing calls effectively
- Ensure staff adhere to Standards and Procedures for cash handling
- Adhere to correct banking procedures; maintain own cash float
- Staff Supervision of night staff: Contractors; Porters, Cleaners, Room Service
- Work closely with security to maintain safety in the Hotel
- Is fully aware of the Credit Policy
- Takes full responsibility of Front Desk staff in absence of the AFOM and FOM
- Ensure daily report is produced correctly and delivered in the morning
- Oversee Night Audit Function which includes :
- Produce Revenue Reports
- Perform file back up maintenance
- Review all audits and reconciliation of daily sales transactions of front office and all outlets, balancing all cash registers and reporting discrepancies to Line Managers
- Week-end and Month-end reports completed in line with policy
- Work with Superior & HR Manager to ensure departmental performance is productive
- Work with Superior in the preparation and management of the department's budget
- Adhere to OH&S policies and procedures and ensure your direct reports do the same
- Good organisational skills
- Good level of engagement with residents
- Ability to manage a multi-cultural workforce
- Excellent leadership & communication skills
- Display high levels of integrity, dedication and support for continuous improvement
- Flexible management style to meet the challenges of a changing work environment
- Good knowledge of the entire Front Office Operations
- Must be a self-starter, coach & mentor who can motivate the Team to perform their best
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management System preferred
- Degree from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' relevant experience with at least 2 year at a supervisory level.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Front Office Agent
Guest Relations Manager
Guest Service Officer - Front Desk (Residences)
Assistant Manager - Front Office (German / French/ Italian Speaking)