Job description / Role
Swisslinx Middle East is working with an International metals trading Company in Dubai who are looking to grow out their trading team further through the addition of a non-ferrous metals trader.
• Trade physical base / non-ferrous metals (aluminum, copper, nickel, zinc, tin, manganese, chrome etc.).
• Promote purchase activity and foster relationships with suppliers.
• Develop and maintain relationships with customers and trading partners.
• Actively promote new client relationships and identify new trading partnerships with metals businesses across the region.
• Ability to grow with the business
• Ability to manage risks by working closely with internal hedging, risk management and commodity analyst’s teams on hedging your physical metal trading book
• Work closely with other departments (logistics, operations etc.) to ensure a smooth supply chain and high customer service
• Develop and manage relationships with producers and customers in order to identify new opportunities and enhance the company s growing presence globally
• Trade back to back metals (copper, nickel, zinc, tin, manganese, chrome, aluminum etc.) and manage own proven personal PnL track record
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in physical non-ferrous / base metal trading
• Good network of suppliers, smelters and distributors.
• Prior experience in a multinational trading firm would be a benefit.
• Experience in an independent metal trading business is key.
• Fluent in English (additional languages beneficial).
• Strong fundamental understanding of the of base metal trading operations and international trading practice.
• Prepare and analyze relevant market information to ensure the company remains competitive.
• Ability to set up reporting by utilizing and executing on fundamental market analysis as well as macro indicators
• Daily preparation of trading records, P&L and risk reporting for trading, finance, operations and senior management.
• Daily negotiation with customers and suppliers.
• Good communicating and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to travel/meet with clients to build new trading relationships
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.
Solar Project - Procurement Manager
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Petrochem Middle East
Procurement Operations Analyst
Manager - Supply Chain (Procurement)
NSI & Bluefin Talent