Job description / Role
* Responsible for assisting students and staff with medical help and provide appropriate and timely treatment as and when required
* Provide timely and appropriate medical help to students.
* Assist the Doctor with check up of students on a regular basis.
* Conduct preliminary tests like BP / blood test for diabetes, etc.
* Co-ordinate with Hospitals to refer complicated and emergency cases and follow up their progress.
* Co-ordinate with the School Health Department to get medicines for the clinic.
* Ensure upkeep and maintenance of the clinics to provide hygienic and clean environments for students.
* Maintain patients' files detailing medical history.
* Prepare monthly reports detailing number of cases handled and number of emergencies referred to the Hospitals.
* Assist students and Housing staff at the weekends and during holiday periods, as required.
* Up-date skills by attending at least one training session/workshop each semester.
* Provide workshops and programs for students.
* Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
* Ability to deal with emergencies
* Ability to provide support to patients
* Knowledge of medicine
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Baccalaureate Degree/Higher Diploma in Nursing
* 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar role
* Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
* Good computer skills (Microsoft office)
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.