Job description / Role
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with one of the region’s most high profile healthcare groups, renowned for the quality of its services, its ethical practice of healthcare and an open and dynamic corporate culture, we would be delighted to hear from you!
Mediclinic Middle East is happy to announce an exciting career opportunity for the role of Nurse Unit Manager, NICU/Paediatric Ward in Mediclinic Al Noor Hospital, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Mediclinic Al Noor Hospital is a JCI accredited facility and is situated in the central business district of Abu Dhabi.
The Nurse Unit Manager, as a member of the Nursing Administration and clinical team, is responsible for providing nursing leadership within the unit and in assisting in the achievement of service goals in accordance with Mediclinic Middle East’s directions. The Nurse Manager is accountable for ensuring the delivery of competent, quality nursing care at an advanced level in her/his Unit using a Patient and Family Centered Model of Care.
To qualify for the role, you must have at least five years relevant experience in either Managerial or Supervisory capacity in a neonatal and paediatric unit environment. Arabic-speaking candidates will be highly regarded.
Licensing & Education:
• Bachelor of Nursing Science from a recognized Nursing Institute.
• Proof of valid registration as a Registered Nurse from home country, or an internationally recognized body.
• Post Registration qualification in Neonatology or qualification in Nursing Management.
Specialized Skills/Abilities/Experience Required:
• Minimum of five years senior nursing experience; preferably in a private hospital.
• Ability to direct advanced nursing care in complex situations for patients.
• Ability to monitor and adjust medical equipment used in the care and treatment of patients.
• Ability to provide emotional and psychological support to parents and families of patients.
• Ability to make and communicate ethical decisions to achieve organizational goals.
• Ability to understand, comply with and utilize procedures, policies, regulations and standards that impact upon the position; including contemporary human resource management requirements and practices.
Generic Skills/Abilities/Experience Required:
• Demonstrated ability to deliver quality patient care in the ward/unit that you will be employed.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
• Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement for better health outcomes.
• Fluency in written and spoken English (Arabic language skills are well regarded).
• High level of verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated competence in working autonomously as required.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
• Good computer literacy.
• Ability to function effectively under pressure.
• Ability to promote excellence in patient care through mentoring and quality management.
About the Company
Mediclinic Middle East is part of Mediclinic International, one of the top 10 listed private hospital groups in the world with 52 healthcare facilities in Southern Africa, 14 in Switzerland under the name Hirslanden AG and 10 in the UAE. Their headquarters are in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
Previously EHL Management Services, the company became Mediclinic Middle East when its majority shareholder, Mediclinic International, acquired all remaining shares from its partners Varkey Group and General Electric in October 2012.
Mediclinic Middle East owns and operates some of the most respected healthcare facilities in the region. These include Mediclinic Welcare Hospital, Mediclinic City Hospital, Mediclinic Dubai Mall, Mediclinic Ibn Battuta, Mediclinic Meadows, Mediclinic Arabian Ranches, Mediclinic Mirdif, Mediclinic Al Qusais, Mediclinic Al Sufouh and Mediclinic Beach Road.