Job description / Role
A new Day Care Surgery Center in Abu Dhabi is looking to hire a Nurse Manager with previous experience in a day surgery center or an Operating Room Manager in a hospital. In addition to the Operating Room, orthopedic experience and/or experience in managing outpatient unit is preferred. Candidate must be based in UAE.
We will place preference on nurses who have been a part of the start of a Center or Hospital. We will also place preference on Nurses with additional experience in Orthopedics and The nurse manager’s job requirements
• Works with clinical and administrative teams to develop and maintain DoH and JIC-compliant policies, procedures, and protocols that are to be used to coordinate tasks, integrate systems, and provide effective quality care for patients in the day care surgery center. Supervises and participates in the provision of general nursing care services.
• Selects and assigns staff. Develops, implements, and evaluates nursing care plans and objectives for each work area to develop superior quality care to patients. Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, and ensures that objectives for patient care are met.
Evaluates staff performance, mentors and develops educational programs when appropriate and provides feedback when necessary.
Develops day-day-management and leadership of nursing and allied health care staff.
• Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families. Establishes patient care goals for successful care at every ; teaching and counseling patient, friends, and family and reinforcing their understanding of disease, medications, and self-care skills.
• Works collaboratively with physicians to establish and maintain their practices, clinical requirements, and to meet their needs for quality nursing care support.
• Responsible for keeping current in knowledge and abilities essential to the role.
• collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary professional staffs; providing physical and psychological support for patients, friends, and families.
• Strong preference for a Nurse who has been in a start-up setting, helping set up a new hospital and DoH-compliant policies and procedures.
• Managing Nurses in the Operating Room, Pre and Post-Recovery Beds, OPD nurses and Nurses who support imaging.
• Ensure that nursing staff is properly trained.
• Candidate must be experienced with HAAD Audits. JCI Experience is preferred.
• Apply evidence-based healthcare practices and nursing standards
• Review patient and staff data to measure the effectiveness of patient care. Work in an interdisciplinary setting to build patient-centered protocols for care.
• Demonstrates effective use of verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
• As a senior member of staff, candidate will be expected to manage his/her own clinical professional development and practice.
• Develops professional goals to maintain and expand clinical and managerial competency.
• Participates in the development and implementation of unit, nursing, departmental goals and objectives.
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing or Bachelor Degree in Nursing.
• Masters in Nursing desirable.
• 5-7 years progressive Nursing Experience as registered Nurse, either in an acute care hospital or in a day surgery center. Orthopedics experience strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years as a Nurse Supervisor or Manager, preferably in an OR setting. Additional OPD experience also desired.
About the Company
A leading orthopedic practice in the UAE.