Job description / Role
The future O&M Manager will be responsible for the Operations and Maintenance management activities in the drainage facilities.
Key player in the Drainage Industry
* Manage overall operations and accountable for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set for the required Operations in each of the Systems.
* Ensure safe and efficient operations in each of the Systems.
* Serve as a company representative on regulatory issues.
* Enhance the operational procedure, systems, and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand/update systems
* Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company's policies and applicable laws.
* Planning, assigning, and directing work.
* Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends.
* Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Develop operations systems analyzing process workflows.
* Conduct Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis study and analyze on the project program.
* Prepare Reliability Centered Maintenance program and implement on sites.
* Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
* Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed
* In accordance with STW/PS/PTP Managers the O&M Manager stipulates the guidelines to follow for the operation of the facilities under its charge.
* He establishes the operating protocols and plans the operative activity within its area.
* Coordinates the activity of the different heads of plant and heads of service under their charge.
* In accordance to the Networks Manager the O&M Manager is responsible for planning the inspection, cleaning and conservation of the different services, as well as the allocation of resources of the JV to those services where they are most needed, depending on the season of the year.
* In accordance with the Maintenance Coordinator the O&M Manager must coordinate the Maintenance works.
* All services have personnel dedicated to the maintenance of electromechanical equipment. These personnel must be interchangeable and there must be a coordinator to supervise the assignment of the same, as well as the needs of consumables and spare parts, independently of each service.
* The execution of daily work in different services can lead to interference in them, such as scheduled plant shutdowns, pipeline closures to carry out maintenance operations.
* At the same time, it is necessary that the operations to be carried out on different elements that are geographically close, are carried out by the same personnel.
* In short, the O&M Manager is the one who must achieve the synergy between the work teams in accordance with the Operation Coordinator.
* The water quality control is necessary both in the cleaning of sewerage networks (control of discharges), and in treated water, as in the treatment of wastewater and in the control of the treatment process.
* All the controls must be coordinated by the O&M Manager with the Laboratory Responsible, so that an excess of uncontrolled demand can cause collapse, or operational problems in the laboratory.
* In accordance with the DNCC Technical Coordinators supervise the control center, that must be operative 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
* Identify areas for improvement and assign workers to take care of issues
* Develop maintenance schedules and enforce them among maintenance staff
* Respond to emergency calls for maintenance
* Manage the set up and take down of different events
* Communicate plans for upper level improvements to maintenance worker staff
* Contact and schedule repairmen and extra help as needed
* Delegate tasks to meet maintenance schedule and satisfy employer needs
* Developing and assisting in the delivery of cost-effective site maintenance plans
* Designing and updating all needed processes and procedures
* Handling the training and development needs of new hires and existing staff
* Performing human resource responsibilities
* Assessing risks and communicate to the relevant stakeholders
* Managing expenditure and budgets
* Carry out operation and maintenance reviews to the agreed standard (international, local, organization, project contract)
* Developing and implementing condition and predictive maintenance policies
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience to be suitable for this position:
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent, ideally a Master Degree
* Minimum 20 solid years of experienced with at least 10 years as O&M Manager in Drainage facilities
* At least 3 years of experience in the Middle East
* A proven track record in managing both Operations and Maintenance with strong skills in Drainage facilities (foul sewage networks, pump stations, STWs, Treated water networks for irrigation (and others), storm water networks (positive and negative systems).
* Ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Facilities Manager – Hard FM
Big Fish Recruitment
Operations Manager - Facilities Management
Facility Operations Manager - Client Side
Construction Project Manager