Job description / Role
* Provide high quality teaching and learning support to their students and conduct sound competency assessment within their discipline.
* Provide administrative, promotional and other support to ensure the effective functioning of the Institute
* Teach and assess competencies in a range of areas within disciplines
* Develop and share curriculum, teaching methods and resources
* Advise and assist students to develop their educational plans and make them aware of the facilities and support available
* Perform a range of administrative duties associated with teaching
* Ensure the observance of appropriate safety, health, welfare, security and good housekeeping standards
* Ensure the principles of equal opportunity in education and employment are applied to all staff and students, as appropriate in the UAE cultural context
* Provide advice and assistance to students, employers and members of the community and generally promote technical and further education and the Institute
* Be involved in and assist as required within the corporate life of the Institute
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
* Minimum of 3 years relevant teaching experience at a recognized educational Institute.
* Successful teaching and assessment experience in a range of areas within the specific discipline (s)
* Ability to use student centered teaching strategies
* Highly developed classroom management skills
* Extensive knowledge of curriculum and related assessment practices within the specific discipline(s)
* Understanding of and ability to implement competency based assessment
* Sound problem solving skills
* Excellent communication, liaison and interpersonal skills
* Proven willingness to work effectively and to contribute in a team environment
* Demonstrated high level customer service skills with external and internal customers
* Proven ability to implement & evaluate high quality education & training programs to meet customer needs
* Knowledge of relevant policy and educational developments in vocational education and training
* Demonstrated cultural awareness and capacity to work effectively in a workforce comprising UAE and expatriates.
* Bachelor or Master degree in Environmental Engineering/Science, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related from an accredited higher education institution.
* Professional Certificates in Health and Safety, IOSH, NEBOSH, ISO or related.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results
The Gulf International Private Academy (GIPA)
|Al Ain||14 May|
Senior Health And Safety Advisor
|Abu Dhabi||15 May|
Process Safety Engineer
First National Operation and Maintenance Company (NOMAC)
Teacher - Al Rabeeh Academy - Private British School
|Abu Dhabi||13 May|
Transguard Workforce Solutions