Job description / Role
Our client, a specialized facility is currently looking for an Occupational Therapist to be based in Al Ain.
He/She will provide occupational therapy interventions for children with a range of handwriting, fine motor, co-ordination and concentration difficulties
• Keeping up to date records, in line with professional standards
• Evaluate a patient's condition and needs
• Develop a treatment plan for patients, laying out the types of activities and specific goals to be accomplished
• Help clients with various disabilities with different tasks, such as leading a child in play activities
• Evaluate a patient's home or workplace and, based on the patient's health needs, identify potential improvements, such as labeling kitchen cabinets for an older person with poor memory
• Educate a patient's family and employer about how to accommodate and care for the patient
• Recommend special equipment, such as wheelchairs and eating aids, and instruct clients on how to use that equipment
• Assess and record patients' activities and progress for patient evaluations, for billing, and for reporting to physicians and other healthcare providers
• Maintaining a professional manner with colleagues and children at all times
• Engaging in developing skills
• Responding to enquiries or referrals regarding how occupational therapy would benefit each individual
• Managing own diary and ensure effective communication with colleagues
• Establish a trusting and respectful relationship with patients and family members
• Value each person as an individual, respecting their beliefs and being aware of their limitations
• Empathize with each individual and strive to provide a high-quality service at all times
• Strive to improve the health and wellbeing of each patient
• Be a dynamic therapist willing to demonstrate a commitment to reflective practice
• Always maintain confidentiality, professionalism, and offer a dependable service
• Experience in the field of Occupational Therapy is required
• Must have a valid HAAD or DHA License / HAAD or DHA Eligibility Letter
• Candidate must be available to start immediately
• Ability to establish friendly, professional and cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians and support staff
• Ability to make accurate judgments and decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to speak and write in English is required
Please note that this position is based in Al Ain.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.