Job description / Role
A Multi-disciplinary clinic, subsidiary of Ghobash Group, providing ABA, SLT and OT therapies, using research based interventions, combining technology experience and transparency with treatment while providing undivided personal care is looking to hire an Occupational Therapist.
• Providing Occupational Therapy
• 48 Hours per week
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Occupational Therapist (“OT”) provides direct 1:1 Occupational Therapy and Sensory Integration methodologies to clients. OT is responsible for ensuring all client goals and objectives are being implemented through treatment intervention and data collection during each session. In addition, this position also requires knowledge and ability to conduct client assessments and write reports based on testing outcomes. Such assessments also involve the development of goals and objectives for each client as well as writing progress reports. Attendance of client team meetings and participation in the meetings (when applicable) is also part of this role in addition to adhoc projects/assignments (when clinical hours do not meet full time status). This position also requires that the individual meets all DHCC requirements for licensure and maintenance of licensure by adhering to such regulations while licensed, upon renewals and while continuously employed with the Company. This position is a clinical one in nature and relies primarily on completing direct client services. This position also requires compliance with all Company Policies and Procedures.
• Conduct Occupational Therapy sessions
• Conduct assessments and prepare assessment reports in a timely manner
• Support client assessment needs
• Collaborate with related clinicians working with the same client as such needs arise
• Train therapists, as needed, and support other trainings needs of the company
• Data collection and documentation
• Collaborate with BCBA and other therapists/Case Supervisors, as needed regarding client matters, duties and personnel assigned for supervision
• Development of session material as needed
• Work on special projects, as related to Occupational therapy services if requested
• Collecting data and analysing progress of the child through tracking data on electronic device
• Effectively communicate with other Departments, such as ABA and SLT for Goal standardization and proper handover of clients’ related information
• Actively seek clinical direction from BCBA and Clinical Director
• Report to BCBA/Clinical Director any matter that might affect the client in a timely manner
• Ensure all evaluation and supervisory feedback is incorporated into session performance and other related job duties
• Adapting to any updates/ changes made in the electronic data collection system
• Effectively communicate with team members, provides Handover information precisely and in a timely manner
• Responsible for maintaining any gadgets provided by the company (broken device needs to be reported, device needs to be plugged in at the charging station, etc.,)
• Participate and attend client clinic team meetings (which includes taking detailed clinic meeting minutes/notes)
• Participate and attend mandatory staff meetings
• Attend training workshops and company events
• Check and respond to company emails daily
• Complete all requirements for OT certification and maintain certification requirements
• Complete all requirements for DHCC Licensure and renewal
• Achieve mandatory Continuing Professional Development “CPD” points that are required for DHCC License Renewal
Education & Work Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited institute/college/university
• Minimum of two (2) years of work experience as an Occupational Therapist
• Current license/registration to practice as an Occupational Therapist
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing excellent service
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
Specialized Knowledge & Trainings:
• Knowledge of Sensory Integration and Behavior management strategies; DHCC License (preferred)
About the Company
Incepted in the late 70's, Ghobash Group has become one of the resilient business conglomerates in UAE. The privately-owned group has expanded to geographies across the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Europe through its diversified business arms.
Focused on growth through value-creation, Ghobash Group has advanced with successful milestones over the years in its business industries: Technology, Chemicals, Engineering, Oil & Gas, Water, Energy, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Trading and Real Estate.
CNS, GCG Office Imaging, Tawazon Chemical, E&I Emirates, GCG Engineering Services, Arabian Ethicals, Ataya Fashion, Prime Hospitality, and Makeen Properties. The Group has also formed Joint Ventures over the years such as Sahara Center sustaining its momentum of successful milestones throughout the years.
Sustainability, innovation, diversification, and ownership are amongst the key values the Group has been practicing for decades. Working with partners, who share the same values, the Group has added value throughout the years through profitable investment opportunities in both the private and public sectors.
In depth experience, combined with a granular knowledge of the regional economy, enables Ghobash Group to identify, and provide access to the best business opportunities across the region.
Committed to diversified growth, Ghobash Group is headquartered in the United Arab Emirates and services through its offices and factories in Saudi Arabia, Oman, India, Iraq, and Africa.
The Group values its people as family and its customers as long term partners. Embracing excellence yet keeping it personal is a key strength of the Group which is a characteristic that has not faded since its inception.
Driving success through its people and partners, with its diverse business arm, Ghobash group aims to continue to grow adding value with every opportunity, every transaction, every employee life, every partner business, every community across varied geographies.
Together we make a difference.