Job description / Role
A small, privately owned organisation is looking for an experienced Office and HR Administrator to provide full back-office support and administration. Part of a small team, you will add value by driving a spectrum of tasks and projects forward in an outcome-oriented manner, in order to help the company achieve its goals.
The key elements of this dual role are as follows:
Main point of contact for all HR matters, which include
• Leading recruitment to successfully find the right skillset and values-match including relationship building with recruiters and methodical and diligent recruitment via on-line platforms.
• Facilitating the on-boarding preparations for new starters including coordinating employment contracts, obtaining attested degree certificates, reference checking, arranging all visa, ID and immigration related matters as well as coordinating health care provisions.
• Updating employee records, auditing and updating internal and external databases, coordinating training plans, implementing HR guidelines, preparing NOC’s and salary letters, and ensuring company equipment is signed in/out.
• DMCC portal management (preparing summary and invoices, obtaining deposits returned).
• Administering annual leave and public holidays; updating the Attendance Register.
• Supporting line management with timely probation and performance reviews.
• Coordinating staff departures (including processing exit checklist, end of service letters, visa cancellations).
• Arranging team-building events and celebrating company/staff anniversaries.
• Ensuring high standards of record keeping and filing on our shared drives; with HR templates kept up-to date.
• Liaising with 3rd parties for required support.
• Updating the shared HR Calendar with key dates and meetings.
• Updating any relevant 'To Do' Lists on a daily basis.
• Weekly HR meetings and reporting.
• Undertaking all Office administration matters to ensure the smooth running of the office and a pleasant and productive work environment.
• Day-to-day responsibility of office operations and maintaining office equipment.
• Preparing for all meetings, arranging catering as needed.
• Renewing company Trade license establishment card, Annual Operations Fitness certificate and other compliance documentation.
• Invoice processing.
• Petty Cash management.
• Credit Card reconciliations.
• Coordinating building, office and parking access for staff and visitors.
• Mail distribution, couriers and distributing internal telephone lists.
• Ensuring accurate record keeping and filing; updating company letter head and templates.
• Undertaking research requests and providing analysis and recommendations of findings.
• Keeping office in top condition, arranging pantry supplies and office cleaning.
• Arranging business-related travel.
• First Aid and Fire warden responsibility.
Skills and Attributes
• Must have 5-10 years proven experience as an Office Admin/Manager with HR responsibilities or the other way around.
• Must have a university degree and be a native English speaker with excellent written communication skills.
• Outcome orientated, with a natural ability to prioritise and work in a structured and methodical manner.
• Known for common sense and practical problem-solving skills.
• Professional and discreet yet positive and empathetic.
• Intellectually curious with a drive to improve efficiencies.
• Advanced computer skills.
• Preference will be given to those with Family Office experience.
• Preference will be given to those with DMCC admin experience.
• Preference will be given to those with a relevant degree (HR or Business Admin).
• A positive attitude and always asking how you can help or add value.
• UAE Driving license and own vehicle an advantage.
• An articulate and succinct communicator, you possess excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially. You pride yourself in making comprehensive recommendations to ensure all angles have been considered and you take responsibility for all aspects of delivery, ‘owning’ your work from A-Z.
You are a master multi-tasker and like to have ‘everything in order’. You are transparent in your reporting style and give equal value to providing ‘the good, the bad and the ugly’ news. You are some-one who likes to ‘get things done’ as well as some-one who sees and offers solutions to problems. Stability and a long-term position you can commit to is more important to you than climbing the corporate ladder and you have a preference for working in a small team.
Salary dependent on experience.
If all this resonates, please apply now by sending your CV and covering letter including why you believe you are well suited to this role. Thank you.
About the Company
A leading company in Dubai.