Job description / Role
We are looking for a competent Office Clerk to perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support our offices. You will undertake a variety of activities in the office ranging from filing and answering the phone to basic bookkeeping.
• An effective office clerk can work diligently to help maintain smooth office operations. You must be reliable and hardworking with excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate will also be familiar with office equipment and procedures.
• Maintain files and records, so they remain updated and easily accessible
• Sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail (envelopes, packages, etc.)
• Answer the phone to take messages or redirect calls to appropriate colleagues
• Utilize office appliances such as photocopier, printers, etc. and computers for word processing, spreadsheet creation, etc.
• Undertake basic bookkeeping tasks and issue invoices, checks, etc.
• Take minutes of meetings and dictations
• Assist in office management and organization procedures
• Monitor stocks of office supplies (paper clips, stationery, etc.) and report when there are shortages
• Assist in making travel arrangements and booking venues for conferences and events
• Perform other office duties as assigned
• Proven experience as an office clerk or other clerical position
• Familiarity with office procedures and basic accounting principles
• Working knowledge of office devices and processes
• A fast typist with knowledge in stenography and taking dictations
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent communication skills
• Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
• High school diploma
About the Company
An official Authorized Sales and service partner of USM modular furniture in the United Arab Emirates.
USM is a renowned Swiss manufacturer of modular furniture for the home and office.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Petrochem Middle East