Job description / Role
Office Management Senior Associate - Finance Lead - UAE
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Internal Firm Services - Other
Job Description & Summary
A career in Administration and Secretarial Services, within Internal Firm Services, will give you with the opportunity to provide administrative support to PwC employees. You'll focus on using business software applications to prepare reports, receiving and directing incoming calls or emails to the appropriate parties, arranging business travel, tracking expenses, and coordinating meeting arrangements.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Ensures the smooth operation of the office, by coordinating administrative support across the office and ensures that the office is supported in an efficient and effective manner. Responsible for procurement of office supplies. Oversight of office help, drivers and reception.
- Adhere to the allocated budget for the Office Services function
- Propose costs saving solutions as appropriate
- Work with procurement with regards to office needs (supplies, consumables)
- Prepare purchase orders for all office management supplies, rent, utilities and service charges
- In line with Procurement guidelines, provide office services supplies
- Coordinate local events, office events with close liaison with the Office Manager
- Coordinate printing and binding requests
- Facilitate New Hire on-boarding process via coordinating inductions and other matters with HR
- Notify HC, IT and receptionist of new hires/departures, and provide/remove security passes and access to office as appropriate
- Handles and reports ad-hoc issues arising
- Acts as an interface between administrative staff and management
- Manage external archiving if relevant
- Oversee couriers , post room, and printhub
- Provide coaching and support for junior EAs if applicable
- Manage Office administrator assignment and conflicts
- Adhere to policies and procedures set by management
- Coordinate driver schedules, reviews timesheets and manages leave
- Coordinate office administrator schedules, reviews timesheets and manages leave
- Liaise with office landlord
- Fire safety warden
- Manage local office petty cash
Learning and Growth
- Follow up closely on the daily operation of junior staff to ensure support for office operation is being well-maintained and provided fairly to all office users
- Standardise and improve efficiency of internal office management processes
- Training new office management team members
- Performance management of direct reports
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Bachelor's degree required
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- Strong knowledge in financial reporting
- 5+ years experience of providing office services in a professionalservices environment, or equivalent internal experience
- Experience with a professional services firm preferred
- Prior people management/team lead experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive knowledge of associated computer software (e.g. Microsoft Office '97 especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to identify problems and resolve them
- Ability to make decisions without prior reference
- Clear and concise communications at all levels
- Strong managerial presence
- Ability to work accurately whilst under tight time constraint and high-quality standards
- Knowledge of the Firm's supply contracts sired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.