Job description / Role
The Office Manager will oversee the office management, which will include organization and supervision of all administrative activities that will facilitate smooth running of the Director General's Office. The responsibilities may extend to managing the schedules of the Director General as he carry out the responsibilities in the entity.
PRINCIPLE TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Define procedures for record retention, ensuring protection and security of files and records, ensuring effective transfer of files and records.
• Maintain filling system and prepare improvements if needed.
• Constantly maintain an upmost level of confidentiality and discretion with all information pertaining to the entity.
• Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts and equipment procurement
• Organize office operations and procedures.
• Organize meetings, external conferences as required.
• Manage travel itineraries and international travel of the Directors, to their exact requirements and specifications
• Ensure relevant documents requested by the Directors for meetings, travel and tasks are prepared in advance and liase with responsible departments to ensure the information is thorough.
• Manage diaries of the Director’s in a proactive and efficient manner.
• Manage relationships with external parties and other government agencies
• Prepare data / information for consideration prior to meetings and presentation during meetings for and on behalf of the Directors.
• Assist the Directors in preparing reports, memos and presentations.
• Take minutes of meetings accurately and type these into a formal document as and when required.
• Proofread documents/materials for consistency, grammar, and spelling.
• Any additional tasks as assigned by the manager.
Minimum two years’ experience in a similar high - profile , dynamic roles
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, International Studies, and Communications preferred.
• Certificates in office administration and secretarial languages are added advantages.
• Professional demeanor.
• Above average technical, analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility.
• Excellent Communication skills – Written and Verbal
• Excellent and thorough knowledge in use of Word, Excel, Power point and other MS software packages
• Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and efficiency
• Confident in abilities
• Able to use initiative
• Able to deal with sensitive and complex situations
• Self-motivated and career driven
• Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, impartiality and discretion
• Ability to work independently and in teams.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and work towards deadlines.
• Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as clients and other government entities.
About the Company
A leading education and training institution in the UAE.