Officer / Assistant Manager, Business Management
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Job description / Role
Contribute to the management of the Emerging Corporates Portfolio, support in developing and managing daily and monthly specific reports and dashboards to EC, provides analytical insights and presents the same to management. Support in improving the quality of the portfolio to control credit losses. Support in implementing EC strategy, and in delivering successfully EC projects.
- Develop and manage daily and monthly Emerging Corporate (EC) reports and dashboards and provide analytical insight
- Analyze the Emerging Corporate Portfolio and furnish continuous feedback for business development and performance management
- Produce business leads for EC by gathering data from multiple sources and applications
- Proceed for regular clean up exercise in EC
- Generate reports from the different systems and tools available in the Bank
- Follow up and engage with EC front line on the regularization of the exceptions
- Support in reporting and monitoring the EC KRIs
- Perform reconciliation of EC vendor invoices.
- Prepare and develop reports on the progress of the existing alliances and incentives of EC
- Assist the unit manager in managing the alliances and the various projects assigned to the unit
- Prepare Power Point presentations to the Department
- Support in the portfolio management for proactive monitoring of weak credits and in addressing them
- Support in preparing Rapid portfolio reviews
- Support in EC Business Development by implementing the sales campaigns and the department initiatives
- Support in the coordination with the control units to ensure flawless processes, and efficient operations
- Support in maintaining the agreements with the different partners of EC
- Keep abreast of developments in the local Business environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics / Finance / Accountancy / Business Management
- Overall banking experience of 5+ years with 2 to 3 years of experience in data and portfolio analytics and MI expertise, having expertise in Banking sector
- Advanced experience in managing excel spread sheets and analytical software systems, along with investigative and analytical abilities. Knowledge and experience in Banking products and services is required
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.