Job description / Role
Management and control of offshore technical equipment, including:
• Excellent mechanical and electrical comprehension
• Ability to strip and rebuild diaphragm pumps, centrifugal pumps and vacuum pumps
• Ability to strip and rebuild centrifuges and decanters
• Ability to remove disc stack separator bowls
• Electrically trained and fault finding in PLC.
• Wiring distribution boards
• Actively participate in general rig activity
• Participate in training of new employees
• Participate in mobilisation and start up
• Participate in performing surveys and preparing reports
• Responsible for preparing daily and monthly reporting of project activities offshore
• Participate in demobilisation and shut down
• Ensure that offshore projects are operated in a safe and cost efficient manner and in accordance with business ethics
• Client contact, including attending morning meetings, operations and HSEQ meetings offshore
• Identify business opportunities
• Promote the company’s solutions to clients
• Maintain, develop and suggest improvements to operational procedures, policies and standards
• Prepare daily and monthly reporting of project activities offshore
The tasks may be changed according to Company’s requirements.
• Adhere to client’s HSE objectives and KPI’s
• Provide input and reporting of HSE results
• Reporting of incidents that might cause personnel injury, damage to the environment or other person’s property
• Reporting of any nonconformities
• Propose improvement suggestions/opportunities, risk reducing and corrective actions
• Certificate of apprenticeship / Engineering degree, mechanical education or similar
• 1-3 years’ relevant experience
• Trade Test
• Offshore oil and gas experience
• Acceptable English communication skills
About the Company
Created in 2003 by technical engineers and experienced recruiters, VHR delivers a partner-orientated approach. We are passionate about the industries where we operate, the career-enhancing support we provide and the people with whom we work.
Whether one permanent vacancy or a team of contract specialists, VHR strives to deliver the best possible staffing solutions.
As a recruitment company, we see our clients as our partners and our services as an extension of our clients’ businesses. We operate with a set of core values at the heart of everything we do.