Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
At Chalhoub, we're driven by digital! As a Site Merchandiser you will be responsible for ensuring offerings and promotions are timely listed online in alignment with stores. You will also be responsible for analysing online purchasing data, competitor comparisons, and translate them into reports to update management.
- You will manage/create/remove categories and collections on the website
- Manage product recommendation and personalization tools
- Ensure consistency of product SKUs and labels with ERP system
- Align with the Online Brand Strategy plan and assist the dedicated teams on operational actions for acquisition, promotion, retention, communication, etc.
- Liaise with the purchasing team for new launches (in line with all stores)
- Liaise with the commercial team for new brands listing
- Manage the launch of products, including content request from brands and stock request from purchasing team
- Ensure all promotions are active online (including; discount promotions, GWP and PWP by country)
Merchandising on Site
- Utilise sales and customer analytics to decide how products should be displayed online to maximise sales
- Guarantee optimum brand presentation in homepages, landing pages and product description
- Product assortment by best sellers, unsung heroes and new launches to optimize sales
- Filters and main menu navigation update
- Homepage banners and content update to guide customers to our current promotions, newness, product recommendations and best sellers
- Optimizing product pages including; product imagery, monitoring reviews, cross-sells/upsell and product page 'special offer' banners
- Optimize the catalogue to increase conversion rates
- Monitor stock levels to avoid out of stock issues during peak season
- Forecast and create stock replenishment for the purchasing team to action
- Analyze and manage the stock levels to reach sell through ratio KPIs
- Own the merchandising calendar - planning with marketing, content, social, email and seek to constantly optimize
- Work with purchase coordinators to ensure products used in marketing campaigns are online in time, share product links and work with content team to manage social media schedule based on arrivals
- Notify marketing/content team of new brand arrivals for photography so it's ready to launch with Brand online
- Work with CRM to determine email schedule, select relevant product
- Work with Finance to determine budgets and forecasting
- Liaise with concessions for uploads, seasonal updates and sale alignment
- Communicate Brand updates and website changes with the team
- Analyze and report on best sellers by week, month, country, categories and Brands
- Draft monthly reports to update brands on their current market shares and ranking against competitors
- Update monthly dashboard/CEO dashboard
- Generate forecasts and topline definition
- Analyze website performance, traffic, conversion and other KPIs across regions and countries
- Monitor google analytics on a daily basis to create actionable recommendations
- Process daily SMS to customers with pending orders to help minimize the cancelation rate
What you'll need to succeed
- Must have strong merchandising experience in eCommerce retail, 4+ years
- Experience working with a Fashion eCom business
- Good product management and liaison with wider teams
- Commercial awareness to drive conversion rates onsite
- Strong reporting experience and forecasting
- Ability to deliver presentations and reports to senior staff
- Stellar communication
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Role: Site Merchandiser
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.