Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Technology Services is looking for technical sales people to join our team. We are a group of sales people with cloud subject matter expertise focused on helping IBM clients define and execute on their journey to cloud. We recognize that the cloud strategy for most corporations includes a diverse multi-cloud environment and we want to help our clients leverage open source solutions to solve real world challenges in moving, migrating, and managing cloud solutions.
- In this role, you will support IBM's Journey To Cloud growth strategy by enabling our clients to plan and execute on their cloud platform, DevOps, and infrastructure strategies.
- You'll be responsible for building strategic relationships with executives and key business leaders to promote IBM's portfolio of cloud platform solutions, including hybrid cloud and cloud native application development, and container management.
- Sell Red Hat based cloud solutions while working within a defined market vertical
- Promote the value of IBM services around Red Hat as part of a larger cloud solution
- Advise clients on the best path to move from virtualization to a container based solution on a hybrid cloud using Red Hat technologies and services
- Gain trusted advisor status with senior IT execs within assigned accounts as part of pipeline development and efforts to develop long term relationships
- Work closely with the dedicated IBM client teams to identify opportunities and provide services sales support specific to Red Hat solutions
- Develop high level cloud strategies for IBM clients as part of a consultative sales cycle
- Take identified opportunities and drive them through a defined sales process to closure
- Lead technical sales discussions with clients from executive to C-level
- 8+ years of experience in a quota carrying solutions sales role or other technical sales role
- 3+ years of experience focused on cloud platform technologies, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Red Hat OpenShift, and/or other Open Source solutions
- Competitive knowledge of the container industry including Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, and Pivotal
- Experience with a diverse set of cloud platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
- Working knowledge of enterprise DevOps processes and technologies
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to generate client materials for presentations
- Ability to collaboratively sell solutions in a highly matrix environment
- Balance of sales and technical skills with creative thinking skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: Yes
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.