Job description / Role
Middle East Executive are currently working with a large holding group with multiple business units throughout the Middle East, who are looking for a Operating System Administrator to be based at their head office in Dubai.
The role of the Operating System Administrator is installation, implementation, customization, operation, recovery, patch management and performance tuning with proven knowledge of the fundamental concepts and technologies associated with Solaris, Storage and Windows Operating Systems.
The Operating System Administrator shall also be responsible for managing the companies core IT infrastructure (DC operations) to ensure systems & applications stability and uptime. You are expected to suggest improvements in existing infrastructure design to enhance systems and applications performance, uptime, and stability. You should be having previous experience in supporting end users, working on latest IT and cloud technologies and should be good team player.
The role has a clear succession path into a senior position with this role available due to an internal promotion within the business, with the company offering a package of 8,000 AED - 10,000 AED based on experience.
AED 8,000 to 10,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Job Knowledge & experience required;
• Install, configure, and maintain OS such as Solaris and Windows Servers, clusters, backup library etc.
• Installation, configuration of patches/packages and upgrades to operating systems maintaining inventory of Software/ packages
• System Monitoring (Performance Monitoring, Fault Monitoring, and reporting accordingly to escalation matrix, proactive monitoring, Configure and maintain system logs, analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with Unix (Solaris) systems, reporting)
• Monitor logs, analyze, notify, and guide company admin on alert resolution.
• Participate in security related activities and upgrades.
• Coordinate with the group IT administrators and vendors related to implementation and support.
• Complete the assigned tasks independently if required, coordinate with other team members/vendors/ customers to complete the task.
• Support the security administrator in implementing the security policies and procedures within the currently assigned projects.
• Daily, weekly, monthly monitoring of logs generated by the servers and cloud applications.
• Report security incidents and ensure effective resolution is provided in a timely manner.
• Maintain accuracy and regularity of completion of internal process documentation.
• Ensure systems are patched and updates are applied in a systemic and consistent manner by using relevant patch management solutions.
About the Company
The Middle East Executive Group has become the first choice for industry professionals wanting to work in the Gulf region.
We understand exactly how supply chain performance and sales performance impacts the bottom line and top line of product led businesses and we have the experience, network & expertise to match skilled professionals with exciting new roles that suit their experience, passion and drive in this highly strategic industry.
Our specialist teams internally are;
- Commercial Management & Sales
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Strategic HR
The industries we focus on are;
- 3PL / Freight Forwarding
- Food & FMCG
- Medical & Pharmaceutical
ARCCO (Al Raeel National General Contracting Co.)
IT Technical Support
Alnair Mineral Services
Support and Systems Engineer
Paris Group International