Job description / Role
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Together we ensure urban rail safety and efficiency for over 3 billion passengers annually.
Thales Group and Thales in United Arab Emirates
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 62,000 people in 56 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defence and Security.
We have been present in UAE for over 35 years and with over 300 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and a ir traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi's airport.
Thales people design solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our world leading Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We, deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
URBAN RAIL SIGNALING
Urban Rail Signaling is part of our Transportation business. Did you know that Thales rail-signaling technology powers the longest driverless metro network in the world? Used on over 80 metro lines in over 40 cities world-wide, our communications- based train control systems for urban rail ensures passengers' safety, improves service efficiency whilst reducing energy consumption and cost. 3 billion passengers annually benefit from the Thales Urban Rail Signaling team's innovation, vision and brilliance needed to deliver a first-class solution.
That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers, and careers start here.
We are currently looking for an Operation and Control System/Scada IVVQ Engineer to join the Thales team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Working on ROUTE 2020 Metro Project as Operation and Control System/ SCADA IVVQ Engineer under the OCS IVVQ Lead, The OCS SCADA IVVQ Engineer will be part of the OCS Team based in Dubai responsible for OCS IVVQ activities including execution and documentation of the tests; Test Specifications, Test Reports, Defect Management in order to gain acceptance of the delivered OCS Software/Hardware. The job holder will be required to perform a hands-on role, taking part of all OCS Software/Hardware IVVQ activities. Supporting site T&C activities will be also part of the scope of work.
• Work under OCS IVVQ Lead.
• Execute and document OCS tests; Test Specifications, Test Reports, Defect Management
• Participate in reviews and inspections of IVVQ documents
• Takes care of test coverage of the new requirements and changes and is responsible for the traceability between test cases, test campaigns, test protocols and the requirements
• Define the necessary regression tests with the OCS IVVQ lead.
• Define the necessary test configurations with the OCS IVVQ Lead.
• Request necessary test data and simulation (new or changed)
• Support the OCS IVVQ lead to specify, choose and deploy methodologies (including metrics), tools/platforms necessary to IVVQ and acceptance activities (FAT, IFAT)
• Prepare and Perform the OCS FAT & IFAT in Dubai.
• Work with OCS Systems Engineers to ensure that all the requirements are properly testable - including the testing method - and that full IVVQ Traceability can be put in place and maintained with the verification test scenarios.
• Investigate faults on the system and provide a first analysis.
• Develop & Integer system solution tools.
• Generate, analyze & report results from testing
• Provide on a weekly basis the necessary update of the OCS IVVQ activities status to the OCS IVVQ lead.
• Propose IVVQ scenarios and guaranties their implementation
• Participate in the continuous improvement of the OCS platform and IVVQ best practices.
• Proven experience in OCS/SCADA Software IVVQ.
• A good working knowledge of Server software, real-time operating systems, security systems, database management and networking.
• The candidate must have developed through his professional experiences the capability of managing contractors' relationships.
• Able to work in autonomy, but strong self-aware of limits.
• The capability of coordinating with different stakeholders in international context is required.
• Ability to identify potential problems and propose solutions.
• Degree in system/software engineering or equivalent.
• At least 5 years of Software/System Integration experience in project implementation activities
• Experience in Transportation low voltage application domains: SIG, SCADA, and Coms.
• Knowledge on different communication protocols at Network and Application level i.e. TCP/IP, Modbus, HTTP, FTP, LDAP, SNTP, Serial and IEC… etc.
• Expertise on Application Servers for the software deployment, configurations.
• Virtual environment experience/exposure-Highly desired.
• Good analytical skills in order to identify analyze and propose technical solutions to the raising issues.
• Strong Knowledge on System Development Life Cycle.
• Flexible working hours and schedule (example: night or weekend).
• Knowledge of Thales SCADA Solution will be preferred.
• Experience in Thales methods, Tools and process (DDQS, Orchestra …) is an advantage.
Following Skill would be of extra advantage:
• Microsoft Server 2003 and higher (MCSE will be an advantage)
• Linux (RHEL)
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Networking Knowledge is an advantage
Your contributions to Thales' cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales in the United Arab Emirates, we provide careers - not jobs.
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.