Job description / Role
The Operation Specialist will be responsible for planning, designing and delivering specialized workshops and activities and operating UAEU SIP Innovation Hub. Conducting innovation tours and inductions through the hub for individual and group visitors from school students to technical and professional experts The Operation Specialist will recommend and participate in developing the activities and workshops calendar. He/ she will train and mentor assistant operators, volunteers, students and machine users. In collaboration with the "innovation Hub" and UAEU SIP team, the Operation Specialist will ensure the successful growth of the innovation hub value proposition to multiple audiences including startups, local small businesses in Al Ain, university and school students and the community at large.
SCOPE OF WORK
Innovation Hub powered by Google technical responsibilities
- Support in developing the innovation hub workshops, initiatives and events calendar.
- Plan, deliver/ support the delivery of the courses and activities offered at the App Factory and the Maker Space
- Follow up and engage courses participants' in different initiatives ensuring that they are supported and enabled throughout the process
- Encourage students, teachers and public audiences to engage in the proposed activities and provide relevant information and address any questions or queries in reference to the offered courses and initiatives.
- Support colleagues at the Innovation Hub in conducting their courses, initiatives and one-offs events
- Conduct safety orientations and ensure that hub users adhere to usage guidelines and safety measures
- Oversee the use of the machinery and equipment at the labs/ Hub
- Ongoing check of the machinery and equipment and ensure that the app factory and Maker space are adequately set-up to be utilized and host workshops
- Record, manage and monitor the stock level of materials, the status of machinery and maintenance schedules on regular bases
- plan and liaise with concerned internal departments and external suppliers to run routine maintenance and preventative repair tasks on the machinery and equipment as required and scheduled
- Generate incidents and status reports
- Submit activities and courses reports including qualitative and quantitative data with highlights on level of satisfaction
Innovation Hub powered by Google Activity expansion and development
- Support developing a value proposition of the innovation hub to various stakeholders like schools, university students, start-ups, local businesses in Al Ain, community, etc.
- Support the UAEU SP tenancy program by providing start-up projects enrolled in the programs with trainings and support to develop their prototypes whenever applicable.
- Support extending the technical support of the hub spaces to companies residing in the SIP or having collaboration agreements with the SIP.
- Research global technical trends and propose new programs in line with new technologies and market needs
- Collaborate with the Hub Senior Manager and provide input and feedback on activities and courses offered and recommendation of new offerings
- Support the hub Senior manager in preparing the required reports and achieved the Hub KPIs
- Assist the Hub Senior Manager in the development and delivery of relevant orientation and training programs/activities for volunteers and new hired team members
- Provide input to develop relevant marketing/ communications-focused material and activities related to the hub when required to support business development and outreach
- A Degree in a relevant technology or science subject.
- Proficient in the English language. Arabic is desirable.
- Preferred skills: Enthusiasm, Confidence, Creativity, Facilitation skills, Team player, Effective communication skills, Presentation skills, Flexibility and task oriented
- Some familiarity with and knowledge of teaching pedagogy. A qualification or training in technology teaching is desirable
- Comfort and confidence in liaising with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Specific technical skills and knowledge that include any or all the below
- Contemporary knowledge and experience of computing and software such as Android systems and apps, Raspberry Pi and micro-bit microcomputers and web design and development
- Contemporary knowledge and experience of maker technology and processes such as laser cutting, 3D printing, 3D scanning, CNC milling, sewing, software tools for designing in 2D and 3D, use of materials including fabrics and basic electronics
- Contemporary knowledge in prototyping and in designing and documenting high density, highly complex multilayer printed circuit boards (PCBs), and accompanying drawings within all applicable design guidelines.
- Ability to provide clear and up-to-date explanations of computer science concepts such as: algorithms, Application Programming Interfaces (API), databases, networks, and machine learning
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
Team Admin / Office Manager
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Administration Coordinator - Recruitment Project
Manpower Middle East
Senior Innovation Specialist
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||17 Nov|