Job description / Role
Operational Finance Leader - Middle East & Pakistan
Responsible for providing strategic P&L and operations finance leadership for Middle East & Pakistan LCT. Serves as a business partner to the operating team to drive business initiatives, growth, business strategy, and profitability.
- Partner with business leader and staff to drive operating performance & act as champion for strategic initiatives within the organization
- Ownership for developing estimates, operating plans/forecasts/reviews
- Driving profitable growth by providing analysis of results and reporting key metrics while advising the leadership team on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions
- Provides pricing analytics and cost estimation support on active bids as well as for pipeline development
- Supports order acquisition by facilitating financing: Loans, Letters of Credits, Bank Guarantees,etc.
- Partner with channel partners and optimize channel partner processes (Commissions,incentives etc.)
- Drive profitable growth in the region by providing analysis of results and identifying & tracking key metrics while advising the leadership team on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions
- Interaction with GEHC customers in both ITO and OR processes
- Lead cross-functional projects to drive simplification throughout the organization and to improve rigor in key Finance processes, reducing costs & improving profitability
- Contribute to improving efficiencies and performance as well as providing quality financial information. Actively participate with Operations Management to improve productivity and inventory management
- Develop and improve financial processes: Finance reporting tools, Management reporting tools, budgeting and estimating processes, standard Production Cost set ups and analyses,Capital Investment
- Provide FP&A support for both LCT and EGM HQ teams
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and minimum of five years financial work experience including developing forecasts & operating plans and leading business /finance reviews
- Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers,generate alternatives and drive positive change
- Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function involving process improvement; able to quickly grasp new ideas
- Leadership experience: has experience leading team members balancing execution through others with inclusiveness, leveraging expertise, clear thinking, imagination, and external focus.
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in a easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing
- Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: Oracle, SAP, COGNOS,Business Objects, etc.), strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables,VLookup, and Macros)
- Confidence / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position; for example, work closely with business leaders to achieve business objectives while driving controllership/GE Values
- Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
- Experience leading in a matrixed environment
- Basic understanding of financial compliance: SOX, GAAP
- Trained and/or certified in process improvement methodology such as LEAN or Six Sigma
- Graduate of GE's Financial Management Program (FMP), or Corporate Audit Staff (CAS); or graduate of other financial leadership programs
- Masters’ degree in Business Administration
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.