Job description / Role
Amazon Payment Services (previously Payfort International FZ LLC), an Amazon subsidiary established in 2013, is a regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC and Levant countries, operating in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Oman, Kuwait and Qatar. We design and develop our services to make it as easy as possible for customers to make online payments and for merchants to do business better with our simple, secure and innovative services. We want to make payments easy for our merchants and their customers.
The merchant support team at Amazon Payment Services focuses on providing support to merchants in their everyday payment experience starting from on-boarding to post go live support. This merchant facing team focuses on customer service and acts as the first line of defense to tackle any transaction processing issues that our merchants may experience and support them in an array of questions they may have. The team works closely with multiple internal stakeholders and external partners to resolve support issues.
We are seeking a dynamic, customer-obsessed operations analyst in our merchant support team, who is passionate about providing solutions and quality support to our merchants. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for providing effective and timely support to our merchants, and ensure all queries and problems raised, via email or phone, are duly attended to. This role requires proficiency in communication, high troubleshooting skills, and flexibility to work in shifts, fixed or rotational, as assigned by the company.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
· Providing timely, accurate, and professional support to merchant queries, received via phone and/or email.
· Performing analysis to identify the root cause of merchant issue, and working with internal stakeholders and external partners to resolve merchant issues.
· Investigating transaction related issues and promptly escalate concerns to the operations and/or technical team.
· Meeting communicated goals for total queries resolved, calls attended to, average first response time, average resolution time, and merchant satisfaction score.
· Demonstrating excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to interact with an external parties comfortably, exhibiting understanding of Amazon Payment services’ services, processes, and technology.
· Creating and configuring test accounts on the Fort sandbox environment, one of the key initial steps of our merchants’ onboarding journey.
· Assisting with merchant communication during critical launches, programs, and support events.
· Working with operations manager on developing canned responses for common questions and on documenting and improving process flows.
· Acting as a voice and an advocate for our merchants by providing valuable feedback to business and engineering teams on observed areas for improvement concerning our product, services and the overall customer experience.
· Assuming on-call duties, based on a rotational schedule, to manage incident/sev1-2 related support by coordinating with different stakeholders to unblock issues.
· Bachelor degree
· 2+ years of experience in fast paced customer service environment, preferably in internet, payments, data analysis or IT support.
· Passion for resolving merchant problems.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
· Must be able to interact with an external party like customers and suppliers comfortably.
· Strong analytical skills required. Must be able to understand problems that merchants are facing, troubleshoot, document, and decide on course of action on when and to whom to escalate.
· Detail oriented and process focused. Must be able to follow the process and document interactions as per requirements in clear and concise manner.
· Self-motivated with proven capability to work independently and continually calibrate priorities with minimal supervision.
· Proficiency in Microsoft outlook and MS office.
· Fluent in Arabic in written and verbal communication.
· Previous experience working in payment-related and/or e-commerce related support.
· Knowledge in payments and/or e-commerce technologies.
· Advanced knowledge in excel, sales and ticketing tools like Pipedrive, Freshdesk.
· Good knowledge of SQL, basic programming languages.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.