Job description / Role
Our client, a leading buy side institution in the region, are looking to recruit a senior operations specialist within the control assurance team.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Focus on SSI, swift messages and standing settlements
• Responsible for implementing a continuous change and improvement environment
• Custody and security lending experience
• Responsible for simplifying and automating the current processes as well as identifying weaknesses.
• Acting as the interlink between IT and the business.
• Daily management of the team delivery across control assurance
• Ensure procedures, policies and regulations are followed and understood
• Responsible for leading efficiency input and continuous improvements
• Understanding the developments to the external environment
• Ensuring deadlines and deliverables are met
• Make recommendations of creative solutions for problems
• Ensure that there is a strong control environment in place
• Management of the verification process of standing settlement instructions
• Maintain asset class and industry specific knowledge appropriate to the environment
• Ensure that the impact of future regulatory requirements is significantly assessed
• Support change across the function
• Assess the opportunities to grow and improve whilst balancing the risk framework
• Candidates must have at least 5 years of experience working with a tier one investment firm, fund, asset manager or private equity business
• A University level degree is MANDATORY for this role
• Candidates do not have to be based in the UAE or GCC region
• Candidates should have knowledge of processing systems and workflows as well as swift.
• Candidates must have worked with a tier one Private Equity Firm, Fund, Asset Manager or Investment Bank.
• Strong experience in settlements, SSI and payments is essential for this role.
• The successful candidate most have worked in a change environment with a tier one institution.
About the Company
Established in 1987, McGregor Boyall is a global recruitment consultancy providing permanent and contract / interim professionals across a wide variety of disciplines including Technology, Risk, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Marketing and HR & Talent Management. Since our inception, we have built an unrivalled reputation for helping organisations recruit the very best talent to ensure that they realise their business and operational objectives.
Headquartered in the city of London, and with further offices throughout the UK (Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Glasgow) as well as globally in Dubai and Singapore, we are able to offer recruitment solutions throughout the UK & Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific regions.
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||5 May|
|Abu Dhabi||4 Mar|
General Operations Manager
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE
AML Operation Executive
|Abu Dhabi||11 Mar|
Customer Service Associate
Regus / IWG