Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is currently looking for an Operations Engineer (Civil) to join the team at New York University Abu Dhabi. The Operations Engineer will oversee the planning and scheduling of all resources required to deliver the service and will provide managerial, technical, and engineering expertise in all functionality of the building fabric, FF&E and minor works, leading and guiding teams in carrying out the operation and maintenance within the property.
- Support and have responsibility for ensuring the civil team implement the policies and procedures in relation to service delivery such as the Permit to Work System and Emergency Procedures
- Support the maintenance activities of the department, by providing engineering knowledge and advice, associated with the full range of building fabric and FF&E issues.
- Control and manage the work of specialist, contractors and in-house staff on building services projects and issues.
- Have responsibility for the delivery of all planned and reactive tasks in accordance with the Service Level Specification requirements
- Provide analysis and comment technically upon maintenance feedback from both in-house and specialist service partners
- Maintain good and harmonious relationships with all tenants and visitors and respond to any complaints promptly. Identify any necessary steps to prevent one tenant causing inconvenience to other tenants. Any issues to be reported to the helpdesk.
- Understand the reactive and planned maintenance requirements of the buildings fabric, structures and FF&E. The post holder will be responsible for where appropriate, the, health, safety and welfare matters affecting his team of technicians. This will include safe systems of work, training and safety inspections and regular toolbox.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Strong communication skills and there will be a high level of accountability to manage, report and escalate any incident or event that may have an impact on services.
- Client, stakeholders and employee engagement will be an additional focus for the role
- A high competency in English language skills, excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player
- Highly motivated and flexible to work in a time-sensitive environment to respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies
- Ability to multi-task and analyse situations promptly and without bias so as to determine the proper course of action or alternatives without jeopardising human safety, quality and the committed performance targets
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of safety issues related to maintenance operations
- 5 years minimum experience working in a building services engineering department within a facilities management organization.
- 2 years minimum supervisory experience with the ability to manage maintenance teams.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or a building maintenance qualification.
- Experience working with Service Provision to specific timelines and Service Level Agreements (SLAS)
- Knowledge of UAE Fire and Life Safety Code and associated maintenance of egress items.
- Preferably with valid UAE driving license.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.