Job description / Role
• Shipment planning (what, where, when and how), execution and invoice submission within stipulated timelines.
• Lead in solving operational complications at the airports, sea ports and customs departments.
• Pre-requisites are strong knowledge of Dubai Customs regulations, Dubai Municipality regulations, CALOGI and working proficiency of INTTRA and other export booking systems of Shipping Lines.
• Close interaction with the customers to ensure their requirements are well understood and the timeline, cost and risk of carriage of goods are mutually agreed upon
• Selection of vendors based on optimized cost and competence for the shipment
• Managing and monitoring customer inventory stored at the warehouse
• Collection of outstanding amounts against shipments completed as per agreed credit terms and keeping record of payments received/credited to the Bank. Reconciliation of sales vs payments received
• Validation of vendor invoices as per agreed buy rates and processing of payment taking required approvals
• Documentation and reporting such as customer statement of accounts, un-invoiced job list, buy rate per/kg or other units defined per Agent/Load Port/Discharge Port (cross-trade movements) and creation of vendor statement of accounts
• Close interaction with other departments to influence/guide/support their involvement in the shipment. Maintain high levels of team spirit and team working
• Cash management: Cash register, Adhoc payments, Petty cash payments and cash reconciliation
• Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
• Proficiency in using computer systems to assimilate data and prepare multimedia presentations.
• Very good Microsoft Excel skills for data analysis and report generation. Proficiency in Microsoft
• Word and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of Tally software is desirable
• Working knowledge of Photoshop or equivalent graphic software is desirable
• Excellent communication skills; verbal and written in English
• Should be able to speak in Hindi
• Good inter-personal skills, team working
• Sound knowledge and hands-on experience of Dubai Customs’ rules, procedures and documentation related to import/export of general cargo into/out of mainland and free zone
• Additional to above, experience in handling any government regulated commodities such as food products, cosmetics, health & nutrition products, agricultural products, pet animals and/or telecommunication devices is desirable
• Direct liaison with customers ranging from local trading companies to global multinationals in managing shipment complications, project timeline management and sales generation
• Invoicing, collections, record keeping, reconciliation and MIS reporting
• Should have handled at least one direct report at a Junior Executive level or should have been the nodal point for planning, prioritizing and assigning of tasks to peers
• Should have worked for 3 years or above in the Freight Forwarding/Logistics industry in Dubai
About the Company
Cargo Line Shipping Services LLC has been in operation since 2004.
Over the years, our innovation driven strategy has gained us a reputation of being a reliable freight-logistics service provider with clients ranging from luxury fashion retailers, building material traders to agricultural farms with operations across the GCC and India through a network of partner offices.
Industries we cater to:
- Retail - Fashion, Beauty, Consumer Products
- Food & Beverage
- Construction Goods & Building Materials
Services we Offer:
- Door to Door Air, Sea and Land Transportation
- Inventory Audits and Management
- Government Approvals & Product Registrations
- Exhibition Logistics
- Trade Facilitation - Importer & Exporter on Record Service
Cargo Line is a member Global Affinity Alliance (GAA), UAE National Association of Freight & Logistics (NAFL) and FIATA.