Job description / Role
• The candidate will be working closely on the entire process involved with various works in Operations dept.
• This will include the initial steps of receiving a shipment, collecting and preparing all documents related to processing it and other operations areas what is informed to work on.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Record, initiate enter the cargos or shipments to the logistics system to ensure existing information for further processing.
• Pack, prepare, classify and hold the shipments according to destination and the routing to be handled by assigned staff.
• Calculate, account and provide information about the shipment statistics; weight, destination, quantity, type, charge etc.
• Perform material handling, receive and deliver to the desired routing, processing, recipient or any other concerned party.
• Communicate, coordinate, follow up and report about on processing or hold items to be manipulated, delivered to other parties, or provide feedback about status.
• Provide presentable communications with clients and customer and provide them the desired level of service in answering their queries.
• Perform filing and documentation issues as prescribed for them, and provide with vital assistance in keep records and following up status for under-processing shipments.
• Carry out reception activities and consult customers about any queries, answer phones and emails regarding any issue.
• Coordinates with clients to arrange for the provision of logistics services at the client’s site.
• Collaborate and assess in serving other logistics operations as desired and requested by higher level management.
• Organize and coordinate the formalities regarding the clearing of cargo or shipments at the Airport.
• Communicates with other departments including sales and marketing to effectively plan and distribute the workload.
• Ensures that site staff is of adequate numbers and competency to meet the planned shipping schedules.
• Follows procedures of reporting on performance, budgets and other reports required from time to time to the Direct Manager
• Scientific Degree in Business Management or equivalent
• Experience of more than 2 years in UAE Operations (Air Freight), transport and logistics.
• Familiarity to work with computer; Microsoft Office and Windows
About the Company
Compass Ocean Logistics is an International Freight Forwarding & Logistics Company, based in Dubai, UAE. The focus is on delivering innovative logistics solutions to meet the demands of the growing International Trade & Commerce Industry.
As an emerging Logistics market specialist we are one of the region's leading independent service providers. The Compass Group prides itself on offering clients quick, economically viable and quality services that are unrivalled in the whole region.
We have our offices spread across the GCC in the UAE, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait and Qatar. Additionally we have an office in Lebanon too. We also have offices in the Indian Sub-Continent head-quartered in Bangalore, with branches in Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai. Our service partners are spread across the globe, covering the USA, Canada, Europe, China, South East Asia etc.
Export Operations & Customs Clearance Executive
Compass Ocean Logistics
Logistics Executive - Local Transportation
Petrochem Middle East
Compass Ocean Logistics
Air Freight Operation Executive
Move Up Consultancy
Executive/Personal Assistant (Property/Real Estate Development)