Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The individual will play an extremely important role in the growth plans for the Middle East & Africa (MEA) region. This is a support function role that learns and understands business needs then synthesizes these into operational objectives, acting as an enabler for cross-functional Circles to achieve their goals. This will include collaborations with, but not limited to People & Talent, Solutions, Marketing and Community. The remit for this role includes effectively providing services in Business Operations, Strategy, Transformation, Budgeting and overall business management.
The Operations Lead will collaborate with the Leadership Circle to build a blueprint for operational rollout. This includes but is not limited to:
Operations & Strategy
- Work alongside Business leads to define, operations forecast based on the 'go to market' strategy and collaborate on setting their own comprehensive goals and KPIs.
- Work alongside regional finance teams to develop financial reporting based on agreed strategy.
- Support other teams to enable execution of their strategies by providing business setup, report, Data insight.
- Support the various circles in implementing their expansion strategies, plans and procedures and tracking.
- Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas to ensure minimal duplication of efforts and maximum efficiency.
- Collaborate to create best practices, guideline or playbooks for the Cloud Unit.
- Building the required report to ensure a successful execution of the business Strategy and initiatives.
- Collaborate with people in different departments to ensure timely delivery of business requirements.
- Business Operations experience is imperative
- Exceptional Excel and financial skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
In this role the candidate will work closely with the MEA Cloud Leadership team and the WW Segment team
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior Sales management experience will be highly preferred.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Admin & Sales Coordinator
Admin Assistant - Operations
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Customer Relations Customer (CRM)
IT Project Manager
General Operations Manager
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE