Job description / Role
With our global headquarters located in Laval, Canada, Tornatech specializes in the conception and manufacturing of Fire Pump Controllers listed by UL and approved by FM and in accordance with the widely recognized NFPA 20 Standard.
Over the past 30 years we have gained our customers' trust and confidence by supplying quality, innovative and reliable Fire Pump Controllers. We have stayed ahead of our competition by offering our worldwide customers the following advantages:
Competitive Edge - We apply the latest most effective production methods and work with global procurement and technological partners. These efforts allow us to maximize our cost reductions while still improving the product.
Innovative Products - Regardless of the application, all Tornatech products provide our customers with an innovative solution. Our highly qualified team of engineers are continuously analysing the latest technologies and developing solutions for the future.
Quality Policy - Our policy is to continuously improve our Quality Management System in order to exceed our customers' requirements and expectations by providing a premium quality product and exemplary service. Our quality slogan, “Quality is our common goal” demonstrates the state of mind of each individual working for Tornatech. Tornatech is ISO 9000 certified.
World Class Customer Service - Listening, understanding and promptly replying to our customers' requests is the basis of our customer service satisfaction success. We have dedicated departments for customer service, pre-sale technical support and after-sales service support.
International Presence - Understanding territories and business cultures play a big part in a successful business. Consequently, we have developed a network of subsidiaries, sales offices and authorized service dealers located around the world. Today, our products are installed in five continents and in over 80 countries.
The contribution of Tornatech employees has been a major element in our success. We are very proud of our multicultural team which allows us to be sensitive to various business cultures. We are committed to respecting widely recognized professional ethics and human resources principles. We promote safety, growth, diversity, integrity and excellence. In return, our employees' full commitment allows us to gain and maintain the confidence of our customers and partners.
Tornatech Fze, based in Dubai - United Arab Emirates, is looking for an Operations Manager to lead and develop its existing Middle East Operations, which provide goods and services for Middle East, Asia and Oceania markets.
As an Operations Manager, you will be responsible of the following:
- Human resources management of the local teams (+/- 50 people), which involve, but not limited to hire them, train them, process their payroll, promote and evaluate them and maintain good contact with them to ensure that their productivity is adequate to meet the production schedule and quality standards, and delivery times;
- Direct the activities of internal sales, customer service, engineering, purchasing, production, receiving, shipping and support to production;
- Recommend and implement production methods and measures that exceed the customers’ expectations, in term of Quality, Flexibility and Efficiency.
- Maintain the certification of the products and plant with existing (UL Listing, FM Approval) and potential news codes & standards.
- Set up and monitor the KPIs necessary for the evaluation of the plant's performance;
- Maintain ISO quality systems and Health and Safety a t Work;
- Maintain relationships and coordinate activities with banks and government institutions;
- Facilitating communication with Canadian Headquarter, international subsidiaries and hierarchy.
- Demonstrated leadership
- Have excellent analytical skills.
- Shows great emotional skills to adapt to a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Demonstrate excellent technical skills;
- Show interest and enthusiasm;
- Demonstrate great sense of initiative;
- Constantly open to learn;
- Motivated by quality, improvement and innovation;
- Punctual and diligent.
- 5 years of professional experience in managing teams in Operations environment.
- 3 years of UAE professional experience.
- Master Degree (4-5yrs) in Business, Administration, Engineering or equivalent.
- Integrity is mandatory.
- Intellectual curiosity as a mindset.
- Have a good computer knowledge (AutoCAD, MS Office);
- Fluent in English
- Highly Motivated, Passionate and Hands on.
- Strong Verbal and Written Communications Skills.
- Proven Track Record of Successful Previous Experiences.
- Electric/Electronic Background.
- Fluent in French and/or Arabic.
Office and Factory environment. Standard work schedule with need of flexibility when required (10%)
About the Company
With our global headquarters located in Montreal, Canada, Tornatech specializes in the conception and manufacturing of Fire Pump Controllers listed by UL and approved by FM and in accordance with the widely recognized NFPA 20 Standard.
We apply the latest most effective production methods and work with global procurement and technological partners. These efforts allow us to maximize our cost reductions while still improving the product. Regardless of the application, all Tornatech products provide our customers with an innovative solution. Our highly qualified team of engineers are continuously analyzing the latest technologies and developing solutions for the future.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Supply Chain Representative
Petrochem Middle East