Job description / Role
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
• The Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the team of staff engaged on the Contract.
• This includes a team of 16 Truck Mount Operators, rotated to provide 24-hour coverage on behalf of our Client and a team of 3 engineers that perform mechanical and electrical repair, maintenance and major overhaul duties on the fleet of powered access equipment engaged on the Contract.
• Reporting into the Regional Operations Manager, the Operations Manager will support with daily operations by managing shift patterns, providing schedule work assignments and setting priorities to assigned team members, training and coaching employees to improve performance, conducting performance evaluations and administering corrective action if needed.
• The Operations Manager will liaise directly with key representatives of the Client across the Contract site. They will work closely with the Regional Operations Manager in identifying and implementing best practice procedures across the Contract.
• This role will be directly responsible for ensuring a culture of compliance and high performance is sustained across the contract.
• The role holder will be an individual who can assume a leadership position in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment while retaining a key focus on compliance and continuous improvement
• This is a hands-on role that requires work across a complex Contract site for a demanding client in a 24-hour environment. It will require working at night, weekends and overtime work to get the task done.
Operators Team Supervision
• Day-to-day management of the Contract Operator Team including two Senior Operators during the continuation of their duty on behalf of the Client.
• Management of the staff schedule such that the Contracted levels of Operator support are available for the Client 24 hours per day.
• Ensure strict compliance to Contract Standard Operation Procedures including but not limited to equipment handover processes, vehicle operation procedures, emergency drills, conducting daily debrief meetings and providing technical and operational guidance
• Be fully responsible for the quality of Operator support on the project ensuring that quality is maintained through the daily delivery of live equipment drills, desk-based testing and accompanied operator assessments (MEWP and driving operations).
• Ensure performance of all staff achieves agreed objectives and assist in their performance appraisal process
• Assist in identifying training and development needs of the Contract team. Provide on-the-job training and development in line with achievement of individual, depot and corporate objectives
Maintenance & Repair Operations
• Day-to-day management of Contract Mobile Engineers (3 No). Work effectively with the Regional Operations Manager and UAE Service Manager to ensure that all maintenance and repair activities are carried out in the most effective, efficient and timely manner
• Maintain Contract fleet performance and appearance by implementing the company Preventive Maintenance Program. Report and make recommendations on any serious defects or unsafe equipment
• Manage the repair and maintenance service schedule and organise the workload of the Engineers to ensure all work is completed in accordance within agreed timescales. Review completed work orders and adjust as appropriate.
• Use hand-held and mobile technology in the evaluation and performance of the day to day duties. Highlight issues and make recommendations for improvement where necessary
• Implement the required activity to customer breakdowns to ensure prompt and considered response to the despatch and management of Contract engineers
• Assist in producing month-end reports and analysis such as equipment reliability and breakdown performance for senior management review. Provide recommendations for improvements where necessary
• Assist in Contract spare parts inventory control and recommend action for locally held spare parts, which fall below the established minimum level
• Support and implement the operational excellence (Tech-X) programme to ensure continual improvements throughout the
• Engineering department
• Ensure health and safety and security procedures and legislation is adhered to. Explain the work to be done to the employees and help them plan for safe work and increase awareness of hazards
AED 20,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• The chosen candidate will meet ALL the essential criteria below:
• Tertiary level educational qualification (or above) in mechanics, engineering, health and safety or similar
• Extensive technical, operational or HSE knowledge within the powered access, heavy plant, construction or engineering industry sector as a manager, foreman or supervisor
• Ability to read, interpret and apply written instructions for repair and maintenance of equipment
• Proficient Microsoft Office such as Word and Excel
• Good knowledge of safe operational and equipment practices and applicable laws, rules and regulations
• Experience of supervising and motivating with the ability to schedule and prioritise the work of others to meet deadlines
• Experience of working to manage a team within a high-pressured environment for a challenging client
• A clean driving licence
• Vocational qualification in industry-related subject area
• IPAF Operator Licence and /or IPAF Demonstrator Licence
• Experience supervising multicultural teams
• Experience of working within the Aviation Sector
About the Company
Established in 1996, Rapid is the Middle East leader in powered access equipment rental & sale, and part of Europe's largest powered access rental company, Lavendon Group plc.
At Rapid, we offer wide range of MEWP's (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), which offer a number of features making them particularly suitable for different types of applications.
- Steel Erection and construction
- Lighting and electromechanical maintenance
- Industrial and building maintenance
- Signage and Events
- Outside Broadcasting
- Telecommunications maintenance
- Facilities Management
- Airport, Ship and Highway Maintenance
As members of the team committed to providing strength on the ground and performance in the air we work with a simple business philosophy 'Your success is ours'.
Operations Manager for a Leading Fnb Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Operations Manager - Building Materials
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Customer Service and Logistics Representative
Manpower Middle East
Supply Chain Manager
Search Heads Middle East