Operations Manager for a Legal Institution
Job description / Role
You will work closely with and will report to the Executive Director in what is a demanding, interesting and rewarding role. Your primary role will be to support the Executive Director in the day-to-day management of Institution, including facilities, finance, human resources, and information technology management.
• Manage the entering into, renewal and termination of contracts and insurance policies, including the tendering process, and the preparation and negotiation of draft terms for review and approval by the Executive Director;
• Establish, document, implement, communicate and manage compliance with procurement policies, procedures and systems and the selection of suppliers;
• Manage relationships with suppliers, including monitoring pricing and service levels;
• Review and submit for approval and payment of supplier invoices;
• Establish, document, implement, communicate and manage compliance with health and safety standards and procedures in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements;
• Establish, document, implement, communicate and manage compliance with business processes and accounting policies;
• Identify system issues and make suggestions for improvement;
Oversee and review the preparation of monthly forecasts for review by the Executive Director;
• Assist the Accountant with the preparation of budgets for review, including the annual budget for submission to the Chairman, Board members and Dubai Chamber;
• including the annual independent audit of the consolidated financial statements of the Institution;
• Assist the Accountant with the coordination of quarterly tax/VAT returns; and
• Establish, document, implement, communicate and manage compliance with human resources policies, procedures and systems in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements;
• Oversee the recruitment, selection, training, coaching, counselling and performance management of all employees;
• Manage the application and renewal of residency visas for all employees;
• Manage the entering into, renewal and termination of health and life insurance policies, including the tendering process, and the preparation and negotiation of draft terms for review and approval by the Executive Director;
• Manage the review of employee compensation and benefits;
• Establish, document, implement, communicate and manage compliance with information technology policies, procedures and systems in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, together with suppliers;
• Conduct regular system audits and identify opportunities to improve and update software and systems, together with suppliers; and
• Oversee and manage IT projects, including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages, together with suppliers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Law, Master’s degree in a relevant field, is preferable
• Strong communication and relationship management skills
• Commercial acumen and negotiating skills
• Excellent knowledge in MS applications
• High command of English (spoken and written) and Arabic is preferable, reports to
• You will have experience of working in the public and/or third sectors and several years of experience of overseeing business organisational activities, and should:
- Be a self-motivated team-player;
- Possess strong inter-personal, time management and administrative skills; Have
- excellent attention to detail;
- Write clearly, persuasively and concisely;
- Have analytical and evaluative skills;
- Have an organised approach to work;
- Be punctual and meet deadlines;
- Recognise and suggest ideas for improvement in your own work and seek to solve problems independently;
- Have experience of conflict management and business negotiation skills;
- Have budget development and oversight skills;
About the Company
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.
Legal & Compliance Manager for a Legal Institution
|Abu Dhabi||28 Mar|
Legal and Compliance Counsel
Senior Legal Counsel