Job description / Role
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Operations Manager - Landside Services | Al Futtaim Automotive | Logistics
Overview of the role
The primary focus of the role will be will overseeing the entire road freight operations and financial performance of the road freight department within Al Futtaim Logistics. You will manage the procurement of road freight and efficiently manage road freight contracts for major customers at periodical intervals. procurement of cross border and local transport from Local vendors and plan the costing with our own fleet.
What you will do
- Create and monitor annual budgets and plans for cross-border operations in order to ensure smooth operation and cost control.
- Design, develop, and implement operations for various clients and grow revenues in accordance with the budget.
- Monitor and recommend improvements to policies and procedures, including quality, health and safety, security, and local and international regulations in order to ensure excellent service to customers on a timely basis.
- Identification of the best suppliers, negotiation of the best services and rates, monitoring of their performance, conducting a review with them, and determining whether the suppliers should be qualified or not.
- Designing, developing, and implementing road transport distribution strategy for a variety mix of clients
- Developing and maintaining good relationship with customers (both internal and external) and approved suppliers
- Identifying the best suppliers, negotiate the best services and rates, monitor their performances, conduct review with them, qualify/disqualify based on merits.
- To actively lead both the local distribution and cross border teams in the achievement of its goals and KPIs.
Required Skills to be successful
- Experience in Freight Industry
- Excellent knowledge in all aspects of Middle East cross border transportation
- Thorough knowledge about GCC customs and border regulations, Free zones in UAE and neighboring markets
- Experience in Cargo wise
About the Team
This role will report to the General Manager - Freight Services and you will also attend and manage Global Key Accounts and Partners for road freight requests.
What equips you for the role
- Degree or Diploma preferably in Supply Chain Logistics
- Negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Strong management & leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also to lead a team
- Excellent analytical and excel skills
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world's most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.