Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests. With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine. Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
In this role you will be responsible to lead, maintain, continually improve and uphold the safe operational delivery of the LEGOLAND Dubai Theme Park (Wardrobe and Park Presentation) while ensuring the company standards and values are met and developed through working relationships with all levels. To provide direction to the Wardrobe and Park Presentation teams through departmental Supervisory team and Team Leaders. To implement procedures, training and to nurture a behaviour where the health and safety of our guests and staff is of paramount priority while providing the highest standards of departmental delivery.
The Wardrobe and Park Presentation Operations Manager will be ultimately responsible for the management of all uniform and costume requirements for LEGOLAND Dubai as well as for the management of all "on park" cleaning services and related processes to ensure high standards of park presentation is maintained at all times, thus will play a key role in the branded appearance of the product that we are all so proud of. Responsibilities will include overall Park Cleanliness, washroom / baby care facility staffing and management and daily Office and Back of House presentation standards, all in line with company standards.
Working closely with 3 rd party contractors, the procurement team, the operations, Facility Management teams and departmental heads, they will manage the distribution, allocation, laundering, adjustment (when required), auditing, tracking and restocking of all LEGOLAND Dubai wardrobe assets as well as practical organization of day to day cleaning operation ensuring perfect park presentation during operational hours as well as supporting other departments in the achievements of the same.
Responsible for the Wardrobe and Park Presentation department management in all aspects of the business.
- To provide safest possible environment to staff within the park facilities.
- To manage the exceptional uniform presentation standards demanded of by the LEGOLAND Dubai product
- To manage the exceptional park presentation standards demanded of by the LEGOLAND Dubai product.
- To manage daily uniform and costume requirements and their distribution
- To manage daily cleaning requirements of both: theme park and waterpark.
- To manage, service and audit all daily laundry and cleaning requirements through both internal operation and 3 rd party contractors
- Deliver at or below the agreed operating budgets for the Wardrobe and park Presentation team.
- To Manage the Seamstress team in the adjustment of uniform and costume provision where required
- Ensuring departmental team deliver to agreed service standards by the Park Operations Manager and Director of Operations.
- Organise and Implement the training of the Wardrobe and park Presentation teams to agreed required standards within timeframes set.
- To create and maintain a safety focused environment throughout the department, assisting with the creation and implementation of departmental training and auditing procedures.
- Working alongside key operational stakeholders of the theme park facility to ensure all standards and KPI's are met.
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out in line with procedures and are updated regularly as ongoing "live" documents.
- Actively demonstrate the company values to all colleagues.
- Chair regular meetings with direct team within required intervals and attend weekly meeting with senior team to ensure consistent flow of communication throughout the department and the company.
- To take up Park Duty Manager role on scheduled bases.
- Liaise with Marketing/Revenue Management teams to communicate occupancy/offers/other relevant information.
- Contribute to Park Dynamic Events, supporting the operational team as and when necessary.
- To promote LEGOLAND Dubai as an employer of choice.
- Responsible for relevant department budgets, reviewing forecasts monthly and compile and submit annually or as required.
- Authorise the issue of complimentary tickets or services when resolving guest complaints.
- Submit and manage future capital projects and expenditure to the Director of Operations.
- Identify and plan for contingencies as required.
- Manage OPEX wages and line items to achieve budgets set.
- Communicate on a continual basis with other senior managers to ensure best practice is achieved across the parks.
- Monitor proposed and actual changes to current legislation and ensure company compliance (e.g. Health & Safety).
- Absolute involvement in future theme park capital projects and implementation to ensure total project success.
- Recommend and develop new products/ways of working to improve profitability, including maximising/converting upselling opportunities.
- Use departments historical data and information to maximise commercial opportunities.
- Set and agree individual department objectives in line with the business strategy and team development.
- Ensures recruitment is appropriate to business operation and continually monitors key indicators (turnover, absence etc) and ensures that, in liaison with other departments, we support and develop the team.
- Motivate, manage and develop the team in line with company standards and values including responsibility for the departmental training programme.
- Promote a fun working environment.
- Apply positive performance management effectively throughout the team and minimise the challenges to the team.
Health & Safety
Managers are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities (including COSHH management) and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Preferable bachelor's degree or extensive specific experience in the Leisure or Hospitality management industry (Cleaning industry) for 5 or above years
- Requires a minimum of three years in Theme Park or related customer service and cleaning services with Financial experience.
- At least three years of managerial experience is required, preferably from within the leisure industry
- Experience in budget preparation and control (operating expenses and Labour)
- Requires excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to execute multiple tasks.
- Strong understanding of the creation and management of risk assessments, SOP's and EAP's within a theme park environment
- Self-motivated and demonstrated initiative, with strong problem-solving skills.
- History of supporting colleagues and staff, with demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Must be customer service driven with an understanding of the needs of the guests.
- Requires the ability to make objective decisions quickly under stressful conditions, adapting to new demands and situations while remaining calm.
- Competent in all aspects of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, e-mail, Power Point) are required.
- Working at heights
- Manlift / scissor lift operator
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Branch Operations Manager
A Leading Investment Hub in the UAE
General Manager – Entertainment & Leisure