Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
Operations Quality is a relatively new function which is responsible for the definition, measurement and monitoring of quality standards across the tech operation and our internal business-facing IT services. It also has responsibility for delivery and data quality processes; Change, Release and Configuration Management, ensuring that they are fit for purpose, flexible and driving the maximum benefit for our teams and the firm.
The Ops Quality Manager will oversee the function, set the direction and roadmap, ensuring all plans are in alignment with the overarching Technology Services strategy. They will drive a cycle of continuous improvement through effective governance and reporting, and where quality is compromised, seek the most effective ways to redress.
The Ops Quality Manager will have ownership of the following;
- Definition of the Ops Quality Strategy & Roadmap
- Ops Quality Operating Model and Life Cycle
- Agreeing & setting of Quality standards, metrics and KPIs
- Quality reporting; design, evolution, accuracy, presentation, communication
- Ensuring that Governance structures are appropriate and tailored to ME working practices
- ITIL V3 Foundation or Higher
- University Degree educated or equivalent
- Relevant Project, Release or Change Qualification
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Holding Tech Leads & Process Owners to account for the delivery of Quality products and services, and the reduction of risk wherever possible
- Ensuring Stakeholders are bought-in to the processes, strategy and plans
- Ensuring compliance with Global process & policy
- IT Change & Release Management; ensuring the seamless implementation of changes and system releases through strong release planning, change coordination, system and user acceptance testing, and deployment best practice
- IT Configuration Management
- Quality oversight across the following processes;
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Risk Management
- Audit and Compliance findings for Technology Services
- DR and BCP processes for Technology Services
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of Change & Release Management, with practical experience of developing, documenting and implementing processes and procedures
- Experience working with a variety of governance frameworks and enhancing these to fit to organisational culture with emphasis on proven ability to mentor/coach individuals as part of overall organisational development process
- Technical background in Information Technology management is desirable, with strong process knowledge of systems development lifecycles, programme and project management
- IT development processes and delivery lifecycles, including all aspects of technical and business testing
- Proven experience managing stakeholders and leading small to medium sized teams to deliver to common goals
- Practical experience of ServiceNow ITSM modules, reporting and dashboards
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.