Job description / Role
Oracle Consulting own the delivery of Oracle cloud solutions for prospective and existing customers. These are critical roles in translating the customer business objectives into real, efficient and sustainable solutions to deliver business outcomes for the customer.
We have a need for talented Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) product specialists and architects across the EMEA region. These roles architect, design and deliver innovative solutions and roadmaps based on the Oracle suite of EPM products.
It is a very exciting time in Oracle Consulting with our strong focus on delivery of cloud solutions using our highly advanced methods and tools across the EMEA region. Industry experience is highly valuable to us and existing Oracle application knowledge is desirable but not essential.
Scope of the role
The EPM architect or specialist is responsible for designing, developing and supporting business solutions leveraging the latest versions of Oracle EPM Cloud. This covers all areas of the EPM portfolio including Financial Close and Planning and Forecasting.
• Works on client-billable and pre-sales assignments to lead the solution development
• Works with sales and delivery to ensure solutions are both sellable and deliverable to a profit
We are looking for architects and specialists capable of leading compelling solution development with clients on their EPM cloud strategies, architectures and roadmaps.
To act as a trusted advisor to senior clients:
• To develop compelling, profitable and deliverable customer solutions with Oracle and customers
• To be commercially astute when engaging and advising a client
• To act as ambassadors for Oracle application solutions throughout a customer engagement
• Work closely with client, sales, pre-sales and delivery staff to develop a robust architecture
• Take full ownership of “best practice” of your competency area, covering the whole strategic footprint
• Develop strong relationships with the product lines and in co-operation with the delivery management teams, advise on competency requirements
• Take full accountability for the solution during a pre-sales opportunity or project
• Establish strong relationships with your counterparts in Oracle partners
• Form and maintain strong relationships with colleagues in product development
• Manage the re-use and knowledge management of your competency area
• Provide sales awareness to the sales and delivery community within the Oracle Consulting
• Engage profitably with your counterparts from other parts of the EMEA region
Knowledge and Competency Requirements
• Degree educated or equivalent
• Preferably holds a professional qualification (eg accountancy)
• Able to travel and work throughout the EMEA region
Experience/Technical/ Professional knowledge
• 10 years of relevant IT experience
• Over 10 years of demonstrable experience with EPM solutions at a consultancy or customer including business process analysis, systems analysis and design, and technical/functional solutions delivery
• Strong awareness of some of one or more EPM application products available in the market. Oracle product and solution knowledge is desirable but not essential
• Detailed functional knowledge of major business processes and associated functionality in the EPM area
• A creative and agile problem-solver
• Excellent facilitation skills, including experience planning and participating in architecture and design sessions. Have been through at least 4 complete implementation cycles
• Experience with interacting with third party resources, including offshore teams
• Proven leadership in managing, governing and providing oversight of internal teams, 3rd party integrators, consultants and vendors through various initiatives
• Strong team building skills, with ability to build quick and effective work rapport with distributed team members
• Must be self-motivated in learning new concepts and willing to share knowledge and skills with other team members
• Outspoken and passionate about delivering well designed solutions that exceed business objectives and drive business success for our customers
• Must have excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex solutions and ideas
• Can demonstrate a strong awareness of the differences between cloud and on-premise solutions and their benefits
• Commercially astute
• Deep, proven architecture experience of your competence area
• Ability to present an argument: persuasive
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with strong presentation ability
• Willing and able to travel for project work throughout the EMEA region
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
An experienced consulting professional who has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May lead the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget. May act as the team lead on projects, providing coaching, guidance and feedback to develop skills of team members. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and leads detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 3-4 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.