Job description / Role
Oracle Retail Global Business Unit (RGBU) was formed about 10 years ago with the acquisition of the best in class companies Retek, Profitlogic, 360Commerce and others.
RGBU offers the industry's broadest set of retail-specific solutions, including products that cover Merchandise Management, Warehouse Management, Data Warehouse, Replenishment, Pricing, Forecasting, Planning and Stores Management.
Oracle Retail, operating in more than 22 countries around the world, includes 20 of the top 20 largest retailers around the world.
The Oracle Retail Global Business Unit (RGBU) Consulting Practice is looking to hire Business Consultants to perform solution design, business process definition, requirements gathering, gap resolution and solution testing, and to be part of the RGBU consulting team that implements the Oracle Retail Software package and delivers projects in large Retail Clients.
The position requires an estimated 70%-80% travel availability.
• Assist in determining how best to use Oracle Retail Solutions to meet the client’s changing business needs
• Lead the resolution of “gaps” with an emphasis on business process solutions
• Work with Business Analysts to gather and document business requirements
• Work with Business and/or Technical Consultants to translate the business needs of the total solution to configuration specifications
• Ensure the solution being implemented is consistent with the solution defined at the end of the Design phase
• Provide guidance on developing materials to complete transition from implementation team to customer support
• Participate in the software test phase, checking it’s quality against the baseline design and specific business test cases
• Proactively drive key issues and decisions through to satisfactory resolution.
• Providing leadership to junior resources within the team.
• A BSc, BA, BEng or MBA in related field
• Possess a minimum of eight years’ retail industry experience or in system implementation, addressing retail business areas such as supply chain, business and category planning, store operations or merchandising
• Excellent written and oral communication (English – Mandatory; French or German - Preferable)
• Demonstrate excellent presentation and workshop facilitation skills
• Oracle Database, PL/SQL and ADF knowledge (preferable)
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Team spirit and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
• Results oriented with an ability to own deliverables through to completion
• More than 5 years’ experience with at least one of the Oracle Retail applications
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
An experienced consulting professional who has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May lead the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget. May act as the team lead on projects, providing coaching, guidance and feedback to develop skills of team members. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and leads detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 3-4 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.