Job description / Role
To run various status reports in order to do opening shift and prepare room assignments.
- To review log books for special requests and instructions.
- To answer the phone and log all messages
- To prepare next day's schedule
- To track room status: OOO, V/C, O/C
- To coordinate VIP rooms, make up and ASAP rooms
- To monitor the issue of keys
- To ensure that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- To log all lost & found items
- To maintain filing system
- To follow up on emergency work order sent to POMEC
- To inform security of any emergency brought to Housekeeping's attention
- To prepare and monitor room status reports for possible discrepancies.
Ideally with a relevant degree or diploma in Hospitality or Tourism management. Minimum 2 years work experience in hotel operations. Good customer service, communications and interpersonal skills are a must.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.