Job description / Role
The In-Room Dining Order Taker primary responsibilities are taking guest orders in a professional, friendly way , maximizing departmental revenues by up selling orders, communicating them clearly and accurately to the servers, processing guest checks and ensuring that proper payment is collected.
Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, "gateway to the sea" boasts a prime location at the mainland gateway to the cosmopolitan city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. With its strikingly contemporary architecture, this beachfront business hotel offers the highest level of comfort and elegance throughout its 369 guestrooms and suites, including the ultimate exclusive lifestyle hotel experience with Fairmont Gold.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting t o the Outlet Supervisor, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Report to work on scheduled time, wearing the proper uniform and nametag at all time.
- To maintain a clean and safe work environment
- To inform guests about all other hotel services and promotions upon request
- To maintain good working relationships with all fellow colleagues
- Keep an up-to-date knowledge of the menu, beverage list and beverage list.
- Maintain the telephone etiquette at all times.
- Take guest orders accurately, honor all special requests.
- Process pre ordered Meals.
- Up sell orders
- Give appropriate preparation and delivery times.
- Enter guest orders in Micros POS
- Communicate all incoming orders to servers properly.
- Keep track of all incoming and outgoing orders on floor sheets.
- Close checks accordingly upon return of servers.
- Do courtesy call backs
- Process Amenities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills (Fluent in English/Arabic speaking is an asset)
- Must be responsible & reliable
- Work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Previous F&B experience an asset, but not required
- Previous Micros experience an asset, but not required (training provided)
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.
Living and working in Abu Dhabi : Abu Dhabi, the capital, is the largest of the 7 Emirates which make up the United Arab Emirates, one of the world fastest growing tourist destinations. When you choose to live and work in Abu Dhabi, you will find that we offer competitive salaries, service charge, quality medical benefits, meals and furnished accommodation. There are currently no income taxes in the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi's heritage is rooted in Islamic traditions and living here will prove to be a unique life experience.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.