Job description / Role
Outlet Supervisor - Pool & Beach
As an Outlet Supervisor, you are responsible to promote and ensure guest satisfaction, maintain a safe and sanitary work environment and ensure only the highest quality products are being served. Establishes rapport with guests to build guest loyalty and gather constructive feedback to ensure satisfaction of every individual guest. Also to handle daily operation during manager absent including team member relations, and encourage problem solving by team members through proper training and empowerment
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Always greets and welcomes guests promptly in a warm and friendly manner.
- Always thanks and gives fond farewell to guests conveying anticipation for their next visit.
- Assists guest with table reservation.
- Assists guest while seating.
- Ensures guests are served within specified time.
- Has a good knowledge of menu and presentation standards.
- Speaks with guests and staff using clear and professional language, and answer phone calls using appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Is able to answer any questions regarding menu and assist with menu selections.
- Is able to anticipate any unexpected guest need and reacts promptly and tactfully.
- Always applies service techniques correctly at all times, and serving Food & Beverage items with enthusiasm.
- Serves food courses and beverages to guests.
- Sets tables according to type of event and service standards.
- Records transaction / orders in Point of Sales systems at the time of order.
- Communicates with the kitchen regarding any menu questions, the length of wait and product availability.
- Communicates additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Checks with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and beverages.
- Is responsible for clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area.
- Maintains cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc. throughout the shift.
- Reviews order dockets ensuring accurate and timely preparations for order requirements accordingly.
- Presents accurate final bill to guest and process payment.
- Performs shift closing on the Point of sales terminal and tally cash and credit card settlements.
- Ensures that the restaurant is always kept clean and organized, at both the front as well as the back of house areas.
- Ensures that hotel brand standards and SOP's are consistently implemented.
- Works with fellow staffs and manager to ensure that the restaurant achieves its full potential.
- Completes the daily responsibilities that are set for each individual shift.
- Completes closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
- Conducts monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- Take an active role in coaching and developing junior staff.
- Performs any other duties related to food and beverage service assigned by the manager.
- Assists Assistant Manager/Manager in conducting daily shift briefings to update and disseminate relevant information to colleagues
- Helps minimize waste, breakages and mishandling of supplies and equipment
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Experienced in all aspects of restaurants service
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Excellent leader and trainer with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team effectively and productively
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
- Should have pleasing personality.
- Excellent guest service skill.
- Good knowledge of food and beverage service.
- Able to stand for long hours and work in the heat the whole shift, as this role will be based in our Pool & Beach
- Passion for guest service
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Food & Beverage Captain
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Front Office Supervisor
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Nakheel Riu Deira Island Hotel