Job description / Role
The OWS Quality Engineer will demonstrate accountability for Quality / Safety Management System processes, functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and work various quality and technical processes that meet business needs across the organization, managing complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Reports to and serves as primary back-up to On Wing Support Dubai Quality Leader
- Oversight of shop / field engine maintenance activity to ensure compliance with MOE requirements, Engine Manual / AMM inspection criteria and requirements of local regulatory authorities
- Independent audits / inspection of engines undergoing maintenance in the shop.
- Work closely with Quality, Planners and Business Leaders to ensure execution of training programs are accomplished for existing and / or new work-scopes to build-out capacity within the site
- Monitors shops quality and SMS processes to ensure adherence to quality requirements set forth in the MOE, Procedures and GE Quality Systems
- Assists Quality Leader in conducting Quality related training; periodic reviews of work package documentation, work scope reviews etc.
- Assists Quality Leader in completion of internal / work station audits and implementation of effective corrective actions as a result of those audits
- May, on occasion, accompany a team on a field job for the purpose of performing field audits, and compliance to work-scope requirements
- High School Diploma / GED
- Aeronautical Engineering Diploma / Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Certifying Staff functions in aviation (including experience on GE engine models with focus on complex work-scopes)
- Prior experience with Line maintenance, engine changes, module removal & installation, or LRU removals and installations
- Established as an auditor with GE Aviation Supply Chain Quality
- Demonstrated Quality, compliance and customer satisfaction skills
- Detail oriented with strong attention to detail and can work independently to achieve OWS Quality goals
- Ability to counsel and motivate workforce
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, GE Web applications, and general technical data, including ESM, AMM, SB's
- Familiar with GE Quality Systems, and local regulatory certification requirements (FAA, EASA, GCAA, etc.)
- Familiarity with SMS, PFMEA, RCCA processes and involvement in prior Quality Events and / or Escapes investigations
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills in working and communicating effectively with all levels in the organization
- Strong English oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience with working in and or with a "teaming" environment
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.