Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a Package HSE Manager to join our ongoing programme in Riyadh.
A typical week would include:
* Ensuring the implementation of the WSP integrated management system across the project for the protection of our people?
* Support the Senior HSE Manager, ensuring our HSE obligations are met and Construction Supervision Consultants are fulfilling their legal and contractual obligations
* promote a positive culture of health, safety, environment and wellbeing across my package
* Ensure collaboration between all stakeholders, client, PMO, PMC, CSC and Contractor on HSE matters
* Have? holistic view of the package and ensure risks are known and managed?
* Provide sound advice, support and training on HSE matters to the Construction Supervision Consultant and my project management team for HSE
* Manage the Construction Supervision Consultant, ensuring they manage their contractor activities and mitigate risk
* Regularly attend progress meetings with the Construction Supervision Consultant and Contractor, ensuring HSE is a key agenda item
* Work with the Construction Supervision Consultant and deliver awareness campaigns across my package?
* Conduct audits on the Construction Supervision Consultant to ensure they are fulfilling their HSE contractual and legal requirements?
* Proactively monitor the HSE performance across my package in accordance with set KPI's and identify trends, ensuring they are addressed
* Conduct ad hoc inspections of the contractor's work ?
* Manage a small team of HSE Engineers?
* Identify areas for improvement across my package; to support continual improvement.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Engineering/science Degree (preferably in Safety & Health)
* Minimum 15 years full-time safety related experience in the infrastructure/construction industry out of which 5 years in a similar role
* NEBOSH International General/Construction Certificate - Level 3 or equivalent.
* At least 10 years' experience in the field of HSE
* Degree level qualification e.g. NEBOSH Diploma Level 6, NVQ Diploma Level 5 or equivalent
* Hold an environmental qualification IEMA, NEBOSH Environmental Diploma or equivalent ?
* Have an internal / external auditing qualification, ISO 45001, 14001 or 9001
Graduate or Member of a recognised international professional body i.e. IOSH or IIRSM.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.