Job description / Role
The Packaging Technologist is responsible for the research and end-to-end sourcing and development of innovative and functional packaging and handles the optimization of packaging throughout the manufacturing network at Izil beauty.
• The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of technical packaging development, have experience fostering relationships with suppliers, possess exceptional project management skills, and thrive in a constantly evolving, fast-paced environment.
• They will also support the team in making informed decisions based on hard data and are comfortable thinking big while executing details flawlessly.
• This person will also work closely with Marketing, Production, and QA to deliver projects and meet customer needs. In addition, the ideal candidate is passionate about packaging, managing projects, problem-solving, finding and implementing solutions, and driving success
Specific job responsibilities.
• Generating new packaging products in response to briefs.
• Ensuring that packaging products meet set requirements and specifications.
• Writing reports
• A key part of your job will be to consider issues such as how fragile the product is, how much protection it needs, how it will react to light, moisture, or other materials, and how transportation conditions affect it during transportation, such as temperature , Physical shocks and drop testing.
• You’ll also have to watch for legal requirements such as accurate labelling and safe packaging of hazardous materials. Other issues you’ll consider are production costs, the environmental impact, and disposal of the product.
• Collaborate with Proactive Product Development Team on new product development, thoughtfully presenting and proposing packaging solutions based on formula fit, desired user experience, shelf-stability, production time, and cost
• Highly engaged in working directly with business counterparts (marketing, finance, sales) and technical counterparts (manufacturing, supply chain, PMO) on projects to develop needed packaging solutions and optimizations.
• General knowledge of packaging machinery, material handling, and automation related to packaging across our production facilities to optimize packaging recommendations and make equipment recommendations specific to packaging.
• Coordinate and execute experiments and plant trials; prepare results in technical reports and presentations for review.
• Have understanding and application of experimental design, performance-based specifications, and qualification design principles.
• Interpret, develop, and manage technical specifications.
• Maintain a high awareness of competitor and adjacent trends within the packaging industry.
• Hands-on experience on POSM, marketing collaterals, gifts with purchases such as pouches, brushes, promo boxes, etc.
• Provide necessary leadership to cross-function team to resolve packaging issues.
• Maintain strong communication, both oral and written, on projects with internal and external cross-functional teams.
• Identify issues, problem solve, and drive corrective actions when needed. Gather data, provide root cause analysis, and drive corrective actions or system/process improvements when projects are less than optimally successful.
About the Company
Since its inception, our singular focus has been to enable people to earn a better livelihood by bridging the gap between the immense talent from our 32 recruiting countries and placing them in meaningful positions in the thriving markets across Europe and the Middle East.
Established in 1973, with a legacy now spanning over four decades, GroupL has always maintained the best-in-class standards of training and placement. We started as an ethical workforce recruiter selecting, training, and placing labor for the Middle East. We have expanded over the past 8 years to a 360-degree recruitment agency working across several job roles, sectors, and countries.
For workforce recruitment, we take special pride in our training modules that are customizable to suit the unique requirements of the sector and the business.
Our global collaborations with various technical institutes enable us to train and assess the candidates' technical and language skills before their selection.
For white-collar talent acquisition, we bring in our decades of experience to map capability to company culture and enable the right fitment of talent to the industry keeping in mind the requirements of the specific organization.
Our talent recruitment network spans 32 countries including Bhutan, Bangladesh, Cameroon, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Ghana, Philippines, Serbia, Sri Lanka, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, and Vietnam.
|Ras Al Khaimah||18 Jan|
|Abu Dhabi||31 Jan|
|Abu Dhabi||31 Jan|
RTC-1 Employment Services