Job description / Role
Under the guidance of the Engineering Supervisor / Cluster Chief Engineer, maintains and repairs all aspects of the hotel's wood works and furniture in accordance with ACCOR standards.
- Interacts - cooperates with others in the Engineering Department.
- Interacts with other Departments when necessary to provide additional or specialized services for functions, promotions and festivities.
- Repairs of various types of furniture, wooden or gypsum panels and false ceilings.
- Repairs and maintains of door locks, door closer and slides door mechanism.
- Repairs of metal framed cupboards, showcases, doors and windows.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Respects guests' privacy and works without disturbing them
- Actively contributes to guests' comfort
- Ensures that the supplied uniform is clean and in good repair.
- Always maintain a clean and tidy appearance before entering a guest or public areas.
Professional techniques / Production
- Carries out occasional repair work as required
- Prevents problems from occurring in the hotel's technical installations
- Implements the corrective action plans as communicated by the Chief Engineer
- Follows the preventive maintenance programme
- Applies water hygiene procedures
- Carries out repair work related to painting and decorating.
- Ensures that the supplied uniform is clean and in good repair. Always maintain a clean and tidy appearance before entering a guest or public areas.
- Ensures that the plant room, workshop and related areas are kept clean and tidy condition.
- Attends to repairs of damaged/cracked surfaces which may include concrete, plastering, stone work, block work, walls and floors, ceramic tiling and marble works.
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture such as computer, calculators, general office equipment assigned to you and to associates reporting to you
- Be well familiar with hotel's policies and procedures; well acquainted with the physical layout of the Hotel and should acquire a sound knowledge in hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threats, blackout and evacuation
- Wear appropriate business attire (as per Hotel policy) and ensure a proper appearance so as to represent the hotel in the best way
- The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by Heartists holding this job title. Additional to the above-mentioned requirements a Heartist will at times be expected to perform tasks and duties outside of his/her scope of work as necessitated by work demand.
Your experience and skills include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple interests
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
- Competency using a variety of computer software
Your team and working environment:
Supportive to your team and create an open environment where ideas are welcomed and Trust is instilled.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.